I love cats and dogs as pets but I don't disagree with what Australian Government has been doing

Calgary, Alberta
Australian Government and some environmental NGO's are now encouraging people to kill Feral cats . I am not talking about pet cats and stray city cats that needs to be adopted, I am talking about feral cats that adapted into wild. I have pet cats but I wont condemn Australia for encouraging people there to kill Feral cats in Australia, Feral cats use to be domesticated cats but they became wild after living in forests. Thousands of Native Australian Animals became endangered and close to extinction because of cats. I love cats but they are not meant to live in forests and mountains. It is sad that cats have to die Cat owners and dog owners in Australia should neuter their pets. They can afford it anyway so they have no excuse. People who don't Neuter their pets are the reason why many unwanted puppies and kittens became feral. Australia is even encouraging Australians to eat cats to drop their population. The 20 million population of feral cats had been a threat to Australia's animals. Many cat lovers are now condemning Australia for killing cats but I understand why Australia have to do this.
The Minister for the Environment and Energy, Josh Frydenberg is expected to announce in March the first round of grants to encourage communities to trap and ...
@skydream (1139)
• Agate, Colorado
This is interesting, I don't agree with killing the cats. It's not their fault they're feral and they're doing what they need to survive and any time an animal is killed for doing what animals do it makes me sad. I do think there needs to be a thing where you have to have your pets fixed so this doesn't happen.
• Calgary, Alberta
They have no choice because animals are getting extinct. Unlike strays, ferals are impossible to adapt, they will hurt people. Cat owners should neuter their pets. People should also adopt from shelters. Pet breeders should spay the cats they sell.
I find this interesting. Australia has such a problem with so many non-native animals rum amuck like rabbits and camels.
• Calgary, Alberta
They sell the meats of the camels now. They are now focusing with cats and dogs that hybrided with dingoes. They want to keep the native dingoes so they kill the ones who are half dog.
Neutering is key to stopping this problem. A shame that humans are the cause of this cat problem. Well, as far as animals go, humans are the ones that cause of animal problems the majority of the time.
• Calgary, Alberta
This happened because people dont neuter their pets. Owner of female cats throws kittens in the streets because they dont want kittens. Owner of male cats dont neuter their cats and with that their cat mates with multiple stray females.