Good afternoon myLot

Hello everyone. I hope your day has been going well. I can't complain about mine at all. Work was good. I got a lot accomplished with my students. My husband came in with a new set of speakers for my computer and set them up for me. The kids got a kick out of meeting Mr. NJChicaa. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work. Everyone did their panic pre-nor'easter shopping yesterday and the day before so the place was dead. It was great! I got some wonderful deals on organic chicken (formerly $19 marked down to $9), ground turkey (50% off), and ground wagyu beef (30% off). I got everything on my list too. Now I don't have to deal with going tomorrow or Sunday. The storm hasn't been much to write home about in this area. Some snow that isn't sticking and some wind that isn't doing much of anything. I'm totally fine with that though. I don't know if it is going to get worse as the night goes on, but so far the claims of it being a "historic" and "life or death" storm don't seem to apply to the Jersey Shore. My husband and I are about to head out for happy hour. I will be interested to see if the weather keeps people home or if other locals, like us, are still going out tonight. What's everyone else up to this evening?
@riverwild (1271)
I just finished cleaning my kitchen, so I now have time to write
My husband worked from home today so he was able to do all of the dishes. That was nice to see when I got home.
@riverwild (1271)
@NJChicaa That was nice of him. My BF does tht sometimes.
@KristenH (23631)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Nice. Great deals! I'll be doing a mini shopping list this weekend until my big one next weekend. Have a good evening. I'll be heading out to go to yoga in 25 minutes.
Enjoy yoga. I’m hoping to go to the gym tomorrow. My wrist still isn’t healed yet though.
@KristenH (23631)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@NJChicaa Thanks NJ, I did. Take care of that wrist. Hope you can go to the gym soon.
It's not sticking here anymore. what was on the ground is gone now. It's not a nice thing to be in if your walking. So I am hoping some poeple stay in tonight. At least those pushing strollers if at all possible.
We don’t walk so we only worry when it sticks bc we have to drive in it
@NJChicaa That was what I meant for walkers. it's not good to be out.
@spiderdust (5994)
• San Jose, California
Those are amazing discounts on meat! The stepkids arrive this weekend, so it's going to be busy around here.
My freezer is pretty full but I couldn’t pass up those deals. I haven’t seen any good ones lately.
• San Jose, California
@NJChicaa You just have to grab them when you see them. I'm still making use of all that 99c/lb ground beef that I got during Super Bowl week.
@spiderdust That’s what I do.
@nela13 (5918)
• Portugal
You did a great shopping today. It is night here and I am going to bed in a few minutes.
Sweet dreams
@nela13 (5918)
• Portugal
@NJChicaa Thank you
@kobesbuddy (43449)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We had storm warnings for Michigan and ended up with 1/2 inch of snow! LOL By noon, it was all melted because the weather has warmed up again. You did great buying meat today, what is wagyu beef? Tonight, it's Jeopardy on channel five and probably college basketball afterwards.
Wagyu beef is a special marbleized beef. Pricey. The 1lb was $4.89 at 30% off. I figured it was worth trying.
@kobesbuddy (43449)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@NJChicaa $4.89 isn't too bad, some beef steaks are well over $10.00 a pound.
Now that it's the weekend for you, it truly is happy hour for you!
Yes it is!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I just finished cleaning the kitchen, and put a movie in. I will make dinner in about an hour.
My husband did like 2 loads of dishes today. I made a mess cooking last night. Haha
Trying to stay off my feet, they're pretty bad today but Scar keeps wanting me to go for a walk
Tell the brat NO
Weekend is upon you. Do enjoy!