Positivity

@ridingbet (55611)
I decided to not get disgusted much when I am informed that classes and duties are suspended. That was how I felt when I received a text message from our clinical coordinator that we will not have duty (and classes) on Monday. That is usually the case after the foundation day. The school’s foundation day ended yesterday, with the announcement of who won the campus king and queen. Our candidate (College of Nursing) did not win the title; in fact, she was not even a runner-up. But she is one of my students who are intelligent and diligent. Suspension of duty and classes is what we expect but we still have to be informed by any of the higher-ups in the college of nursing. Since I am channeling my reactions to positivity, I will just think of Monday as an additional rest day (even though we had no duty since Thursday and Friday), a day to watch the latest television fantasy series and my other favorite afternoon series. Of course when I sit down, I am doing my ailing heart a favor--- relief from stress and anxiety. What positivity can you share?
@JustBhem (39135)
• Davao, Philippines
Good thing you will be able to have good rest during those days, my friend.
@ridingbet (55611)
yes hija. like now, i am watching 'ipaglaban mo' (fight for your right), and i nod. i suddenly stood up and went here on desktop.
@JustBhem (39135)
• Davao, Philippines
@ridingbet That is in the afternoon, right?
@ridingbet (55611)
@JustBhem yes, every Saturday afternoon. right now, it is Banana Sundae.
@mydanods (6759)
• Nigeria
I slept very well today. This is a first for weeks now. The fault is coming from me because I am watching too much of the laptop screen.
@ridingbet (55611)
don't you give your eyes some rest? it is nice to stare at something green when your eyes are tired of seeing your laptop screen.
@mydanods (6759)
• Nigeria
@ridingbet I do. I don't look at any screen from 9am till 3pm. That's 6 hours or more rest.
@ridingbet (55611)
@mydanods but i think there is a contradiction with your statement. you said: ---"The fault is coming from me because I am watching too much of the laptop screen." and then:"I don't look at any screen from 9am till 3pm. That's 6 hours or more rest." so, the 18 hours, you stare at your laptop screen? why TOO MUCH?
@spiderdust (6436)
• San Jose, California
They're not permanently suspended, right? Just temporarily?
@ridingbet (55611)
no, my friend. only this Monday. duty will resume on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
• San Jose, California
@ridingbet For a moment I was concerned that you were saying the entire program was canceled! At least a day off will be nice.
@ridingbet (55611)
@spiderdust no my friend. just on Monday. indeed, i feel weak now because it suddenly became so hot, that my legs were unstable while i and my sister were walking in the city.
@brokenbee (7945)
When I have no tasks for the day, it's time for me to take some rest, to clean my garden or to go to the city to pay my bills, buy groceries, or just take the time to unwind. =)
@ridingbet (55611)
hello there, hija. long time to post here. how are you. i see your posts on FB about how beautiful your lawn and garden is now. indeed you have a green thumb. if you say 'pay your bills', do you mean your electric bills,water bills, and Pag-Ibig. haha. i know you don't live alone, am i right?
@brokenbee (7945)
@ridingbet Thank you Ate... Postpaid plan bill and water bill Ate.. Hihihi I don't have Pag-ibig hihihihihi I'm still here at home with my parents.
@ridingbet (55611)
@brokenbee hahaha! of course the water bills is for your house, right? do you have SSS?
There is always something good in the day. It is just a matter of finding it.
@ridingbet (55611)
right on that. sometimes it is just hidden behind something else. but having a sister who is sometimes cranky, i think i have to condition myself in to ignoring her complaints FOR the day.
I always try to see the bright side of things. It snowed, I cannot go out, it was the good occasion to spend time cleaning the house.
@ridingbet (55611)
yes, i think it is good to clean your house because it is not hot. it is cold outside. my brother, when it is his off day, would watch movies while lying in bed and eating snacks he brought from home.
@ridingbet I wanted to wash all the floors, better to do this when it is still cold outside. It's a hard work.
@mydanods (6759)
• Nigeria
@ridingbet Your brother should watch his snacks habit. He's using it to substitute for something.
I hope you have a good relaxing day on Monday. Have a good day to relax.
@ridingbet (55611)
thank you. i hope to be active and interactive here on Monday.
@dya80dya (3549)
I slept very well. I will try to spend my day in a useful way. Cleaning the house or other tasks.
@ridingbet (55611)
is it cold there in Romania?
@dya80dya (3549)
@ridingbet Now it's not cold. But it was really cold here.
@ridingbet (55611)
@dya80dya really? but there are months where you expect the cold to come back? like winter in December and summer in June? here, the climate is erratic. i thought it is already summer because it is March now; alas, it is still cold
@mohit459 (11913)
• Haldwani, India
Never care for what people say...people will always make up down, they never gonna lift you up...
@dya80dya (3549)
There are people who try to lift you up. I met those people. Not all of them are the same.
@mohit459 (11913)
• Haldwani, India
@dya80dya yep... They are almost extinct
@ridingbet (55611)
t depends on your own perception. no man is an island, and that is what i should always think.
@TheSojourner (17450)
I made a decision not to go back to the music class. I cannot be around the kind of Ethics that I believe the professor has. So I made a decision not to go. It's sort of breaks my heart, because I expected it to be a lot different. But I know that I cannot fight something that is a difference in how we see life. Since I'm not taking it for a grade, it doesn't matter whether I'm there or not. And, I didn't get a call wondering where I've been, which means he doesn't care, nor should he. So, letting that go makes me feel less stressed.
@ridingbet (55611)
i sympathize with how you feel, my friend. i wonder why your professor was not asking you how you were. i presume he gets paid, right? he is a professor so he should be receiving something from the school.
@ridingbet we just had a different way of looking at how things need to be taught. I didn't agree with some of the things that he said in front of the young students. Totally inappropriate. But not mine to say.
@ridingbet (55611)
@CoralLevang i appreciate you for being level-headed in dealing with the professor, and your experience with him.
@mlgen1037 (29648)
• Manila, Philippines
Positivity to see the good side of others amidst all the "nakakainis" things that are happening po.
@ridingbet (55611)
yes, and also being 'blind, deaf, and mute' to everything the user you seem to dislike, does. that is positivity
@mlgen1037 (29648)
• Manila, Philippines
@ridingbet I am doing my best po. Hehe
@sabtraversa (13343)
It's surely great you'll be able to rest some more. I bet the students are even more positive about that!
@ridingbet (55611)
oh, yes. i agree with you a hundred percent. the students really need the rest because last week was an extremely exhausting and hard-action-filled week.