Drinking water immediately before and after meals...is it good?

@Teekaaa (5753)
It is said that we shouldn't drink water immediately after meals ,if we do so it will affect the digestion process and makes us feel more hungrier , even if we eat good amount of food..!so ,we have to drink water atleast some 30 minutes after meals!! In the Same way,we have to drink water atleast 30 minutes prior to meals..! If we eat immediately after drinking water,it will also affect the digestion process! What about you friends? How many litres of water do you drink per day? For more information, check the link! Image courtesy Google.
Find out when is the best time in the day to drink water for maximum benefits for your body.
@mandala100 (48311)
@Teekaa I always drink water after taking my meal. I felt thirsty if I will not drink water after every meal.
@anikoonline (3208)
• Hungary
Drinking enough water is very important. I drink at least 3 ltr per day, but I am usually thirsty, it is easy for me.
Yes water is very good for us.
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
I don't know..... Who notice..
I usually drink water before and after every meal. I drink 5-6 glasses of water everyday.
@Teekaaa (5753)
5-6 glasses of water is good! These days I am not drinking enough water! :((
@Teekaaa why? Yes..as of this time I really need to drink plenty of water coz weather is getting hot. We're almost in summer here.
@iridion9 (9132)
Is it backup by scientific studies?
@miketagz (7494)
Yes, that's true according to all Doctors. Need water or Apple Cider.
JJ is perfectly right and I do exactly as @marlina I drink water when I feel the need to drink. Too much water is as bad as too little water. Do not trust everything you read, ask your doctor if you have problems.
@LadyDuck, I always try to use my common sense in everything in life.
@marlina It seems that what they said was not totally wrong, but thinking that smoking was healthy was the mistake.
@LadyDuck Yes, it was.
@Raj7779 (2922)
• Ahmednagar, India
Even I also drink water while I am eatingand also in the end
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
Me too.
@Raj7779 (2922)
• Ahmednagar, India
@mydanods hi5but do you like this habit?or anyone has ever refused to drink it when you are eating?
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
@Raj7779 In Nigeria, water is always served with meals. It is considered bad upbringing not to do so.
That is the way I do it - warm with a bit of lemon added.
@Teekaaa (5753)
Oh that's a nice tip.. thanks!
@Icydoll (23472)
Both the ways you mentioned in discussion is good way of drinking water..I always drink water for every half an hour.no other drink is best as water
@deba12 (2682)
I drink little water though I know it's not good for health. But, whatever you've told here is right. It is said that everyone should drink at least 8glasses of water daily.
@Sreekala (23601)
I don't have the habit of drinking water in between eating. I always keep some distance to drink water after and before the meals.
• Northampton, England
put some whisky in it
@dya80dya (4684)
I can't drink enough water. But when I drink I do it before meals.
@sjvg1976 (18393)
Yes it's not good to drink water before and after the meal as it affects our digestion.