GF brownies

By C
@ShyBear88 (17615)
I bought last week these Betty Crocker Gluten free brownie mix. I got it from target on there baking aise because they always have someone mixed in with there regular food. Both me and my husband a long with our 3 year old tried them fresh out of the oven. I liked them my son liked them. My husband said it wasn’t bad but different. lol yeah fa made with rice flour different texture but still good and brownie like.
So many products are available now for those who need gluten free. Glad you enjoyed them
@ShyBear88 (17615)
There are but you have to read closely because a lot are made on a nut line or have milk based products. So if your allergic to those you have to watch it. I have to look for both wheat and nuts.
@ShyBear88 thankfully I don't have any worries about any of those ingredients but you're right about those who have to be careful
@ShyBear88 (17615)
@Marilynda1225 yep! There is a lot of one labeled stuff that is gluten free that people eat all of the time. Fruits and yogurt are good for subing stuff as well as oils, apple sauces those can make those things that you are food allergic to easy to change. I’ve learned most of them.
@Icydoll (23244)
Gluten free brownie looks good to have..how about the cost?.
@ShyBear88 (17615)
It really depends on where you get the box from. Think this one was around $5 which is about normal for gluten free mixes.
@TheSojourner (17310)
I know that gluten free bread is different, and I don't really care for it the texture or taste. I'm wondering what the texture is like with these?
@ShyBear88 (17615)
This one was a lot like a normal brownie to me. Flourless bread reminds me more of an ice cream cake that’s been frozen for a while and you take it out and try to eat it right away.
@ShyBear88 *laughs* That is a good description.
@ShyBear88 (17615)
@CoralLevang it is isn’t it. But that’s flourless cakes. The brownies at least have some kind of flour in it.
@fearjp (371)
I think my brother tries to go for the gluten free as well just not sure if he tried it yet lol. I don't think I'll have the guts to try it lol. I prefer the other ones since I've only tried those kinds. The gluten free products will be hard for me to try out since I might taste the product different lol.
@ShyBear88 (17615)
For us it’s a health choice. My 3 year has a wheat allergy that is so bad he could dye from eating wheats and nuts. I honestly don’t taste the difference between rice flour and wheat flour. There is a bunch of other flours to use as well.
@fearjp (371)
@ShyBear88 Oh pretty much as if eating the regular kind?
@ShyBear88 (17615)
@Teep11 (7123)
Oh how tasty are brownies. Sounds as though the brownies are really enjoyed. What fun to eat brownies.
@ShyBear88 (17615)
They where pretty good
Well, I would give them a try since they taste pretty good.
@ShyBear88 (17615)
It was pretty good. I could tell they where made with rice flour
@dya80dya (4674)
Are they much more expensive?
@ShyBear88 (17615)
They are because the prices change from store to store
@Courage7 (11640)
Those sound decent for being gluten free. Are they a lot more expensive than regular brownies?
@ShyBear88 (17615)
They are because they are not made with wheat flour but a difference non gluten flour. Depending on where you get it from the prices will change. I spend about $5 on it.