Is it still fun to have a penpal?

@averygirl72 (16656)
Now with cellphones SMS and Facebook I think no one wants to make penpal. When in college I post my home address into Health and Home magazine and I find at least 5 penpals from different parts of the Philippines. Some have good handwriting, some have bad handwriting. But I think it's still cool to receive mails and handwritten notes and sometimes pictures and cards. Do you have a penpal who is a member of mylot?
You are wrong when you said no one wants to have a pen pal. If you have an instagram account and search for the hashtag #penpal, you'd be surprised how many people in this world are still into it. I don't have a pen pal from mylot but I have one from England, from Malaysia, from Indonesia, and within this country.
@averygirl72 (16656)
That's good to know penpal is still alive. Mylot and forumcoin are good sites where we can speak or talk with other people online and in real time
@averygirl72 I still enjoy the traditional pen and paper thing.
@bagarad (11776)
• Paso Robles, California
I had many penpals when I was in high school and college, but I wasn't as busy then as I am now. I did enjoy it as long as those relationships lasted. Now I have myLot to get to know people in other parts of the world.
@averygirl72 (16656)
Yeah we are not that busy we can do that. Before it was popular but now we have social media and internet it's easier to make friends with strangers
@bagarad (11776)
• Paso Robles, California
@averygirl72 It's less expensive, too, with postage getting higher every day.
I have a few penpals in different countries and I met them using my smartphone. Maybe they are called smartpals but they are awesome to have
@averygirl72 (16656)
That's really great. Wish I have them too. That's really awesome
@averygirl72 I meet most of them on twitter but since joining here, I consider this having penpals the computer version
@sprite1950 (12679)
• Corsham, England
Not now but I used to when I was a child. I remember I had a Japanese penpal called Hideko Sakai and we wrote to each other for years but eventually lost touch. I wonder where she is now as we were both 14 when we started writing to each other.
@averygirl72 (16656)
That's a nice to know you had a Japanese penpal during your younger years. Maybe you find her in Facebook
@sprite1950 (12679)
• Corsham, England
@averygirl72 This was back in the 60s so facebook wasn't around then. I think it was done through my school. I do exchange emails with online people from various sites and one are two are on my facebook now but I wouldn't say they were penpals.
@iridion9 (6904)
Inmates do. They are not allowed to access gadgets. So the only way is the snail mail.
@averygirl72 (16656)
I see. That is true
• Bridgton, Maine
No, I don't have a penpal who is a member of MyLot. The only time I had a penpal was when I was a kid. My penpal was my grandfather. All these years later, I still have his letters that he wrote to me years ago. I'm glad that I kept them, as he passed away in 2000.
@averygirl72 (16656)
That's really nice to know that you have remembrance from your grandfather by writing each other
I think I prefer to use email to have the communication. Writing a letter is not something I want to do today
@levis2020 (171)
Those were the days. But actually it was exciting to receive letters from a pen pal. I had a few ones in college too. But today, I don't know if people are still into it. The internet and email makes postal mail almost obsolete.