Learning to Swim--Day 21

@KristenH (24743)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
On this cold snowy day to the gym, it really started to snow right on target with the predicted 75% chance of snow. It really covered parts of the grass and wet the sidewalk. And the temperature of being 29 made it even colder and feel like winter. Today was my second lesson in the lap pool. While I waited for Paige, I dangled my feet in the water for a tiny bit. Though she was a few minutes later, she told me to warm up while she changed clothes. So I did one lap of the regular backstroke and one lap of the elementary backstroke to warm up. Not a problem, though I started getting goosebumps from the 82 degree water, which does feel cold. Then I did one lap of the regular backstroke and one lap of the elementary backstroke. Then she waited me to do one full lap of the breast stroke (only stopping halfway near the lifeguard chair) and then resuming it. Then I did another lap of the elementary backstroke on the way back to the wall. Then she wanted me to do freestyle *gulp*, which it was something I dreaded. But I managed okay and had to grab hold of the lane barrier a third of the way, due to coughing up water. Lastly, I did one lap each of the regular backstroke and the elementary backstroke to finish our lesson. Next Monday after Pilates, she's going to teach me how to swim underwater, something I used to do when I was younger and loved doing. I'm going to mention the butterfly to do on Friday or in two weeks, when I decide what to do about the gym membership.
@iridion9 (9159)
wow, nice I love swimming.
@KristenH (24743)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I do too.
@iridion9 (9159)
@KristenH So you know all the 4 basics of swimming?
@KristenH (24743)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@iridion9 Pretty much I know all of the strokes, except butterfly and the crawls.
@Deepizzaguy (14556)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Another great day at the health club.
@KristenH (24743)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Not a health club, but close enough at the gym. Yeah, except for the water being cold.
@Deepizzaguy (14556)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@KristenH My error.
@KristenH (24743)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Deepizzaguy No worries. Health clubs are for rich people. I'm not that rich.
Learning how to swim underwater should be fun.. if you loved it as a kid! Goodluck
@KristenH (24743)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
It should for doing flip turns and such. I remember swimming underwater for fun and not doing laps or going deep. Thanks.
@KristenH (24743)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Courtlynn We'll see how it goes on Monday night.
They need to turn up the pool heat.
@KristenH (24743)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I agree. Even if it says 86 degrees, (though it was warmer on Tuesday), it felt like 66 degrees.
Another day down. Good for you.
@KristenH (24743)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
So you knew how to swim when you were little?
@KristenH (24743)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yeah I did, when I was little. I had an American Red Cross beginner swimmer card and lost it in the shuffle when I moved. I'm just refreshing and refining my swimming for leisure.