I'm trying to smack impending older age aside the head

@sallypup (26617)
Moses Lake, Washington
This is where who ever is reading this gets to chime in with what!? Some of you know that I have been a busy bee looking for a place to retire in with my dearest hubby. Or we could stay where we are at and spend a ton of money on cabs that would carry us to buses and trains and planes. So busy me found it. I did. And not in Oregon. I found it. I am in shock. I agreed to buy a house that was built in 1900. Isn't that an amazing statement? Can you believe that? Am I joshing? No. I am not. Oregon beat our butts pretty hard. Broke me up, bidding on decent places at decent prices, and wowwhee! Fifteen bidders and the price soared up and up. We landed back in Washington state. Just south of the capitol. Small town USA. A block from a lake. A medium sized yard with two sheds, a walnut tree and an apple tree. And a huge Craftsman house. Enclosed front porch. Wooden business like staircase. Sunday a buddy of mine is going to help me drive over the mountain Pass so that we can walk through what I've seen via the computer. Glorious shiny wooden floors. Heated bathroom floor!! But I've done it. Hubby has done it. Our offer was accepted. Three and a half years we'll be figuring how to move my collection of furniture that will fit right into this barn of a house- biggest place that I've ever lived in. Good gravy I am nuts.
Way to go! I cant wait for photos.
@sallypup (26617)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@andriaperry I plan to pack my camera. I promise to attempt to be a good town person when it comes time for it. I promise.
I am so happy for you that you found a nice place to live your retirement years.
@sallypup (26617)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@just4him Thanks. Writing groups here I come!
@elanalove (643)
Warm Wishes for all your dreams be fulfilled soon.
@Blondie2222 (21399)
That is great & I'm sure you will love it. I can't wait to see pictures of the new place, it sounds wonderful.
@sallypup (26617)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Here's one of the bedroom doors.
@Blondie2222 (21399)
@sallypup very nice.
@sallypup (26617)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Blondie2222 Thanks. 118 year old door! The inspector said that one of the doors did not swing quite right- uh, yeah. Its been around for a while.
Uhhh, did you ask what kinds of repairs have been done and what still needs doin? Old homes aren't always a piece of cake to move into especially when you're older and can't do the kind of work you did as a youngster of 40.
@sallypup (26617)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann There has been updates done on the insulation, wiring and plumbing. An inspector guy is coming in Monday morning. I will be talking with him before I head back over the mountains.
I hope this old house isn't a fixer upper @sallypup
@sallypup (26617)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann It looks solid to me. Inspector guy will be there Monday morning. Even 1950 houses can be the pits.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am so excited, this sounds like a great move for you.
@sallypup (26617)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@BelleStarr Thanks. I'm going to try to get some real sleep tonight cause I have a long road trip tomorrow.
• Portland, Connecticut
@sallypup I am so excited for you. I know how much we love our home here in Florida.
Oh that is such wonderful news. You are moving into a bigger home though is that what I'm understanding? The heated floor sounds amazing. My kitchen floors are so cold they can be painful to stand on in the winter I wish they were heated but it would be costly.
@sallypup (26617)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@shaggin Correct. About 2,500 feet and right now I live in about 1,500 feet of space.
@sallypup most people go from larger to smaller as they age your doing the opposite
• Eugene, Oregon
Wonderful. you made it to west side of the mountains and Olympia is a nice area!
@sallypup (26617)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JamesHxstatic I liked the sampling of Centralia that I just had. I liked it very much. Yes I made it to the West side- I have a seat on the bus.
@UncleJoe (9740)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when you finally get to old age, IT is the one who does the smackin'.
@sallypup (26617)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@UncleJoe I hear you. My back and hips and knees started yakking nasty messages at me years ago.
@louievill (18387)
Congratulations on winning the bid, sounds like a cool place to retire, yeah we all want to see it.
Good luck. I also love older homes. My house is rather small, built in 1905. Admittedly, it is always in need of repair and is drafty, but it has its own charm and I could never afford anything that I would like better. We've grown old together!
Congratulations to you. That sounds SOOOO exciting! I hope it is all you dreamed of. I hope you'll show us photos when you are able.
That is nice you have found a nice place to live.