Are digital home assistants safe?

From: IGN News/YouTube
Russian Federation
Hello, everyone! I have just read that Amazon's digital home assistant Alexa has some issues. For several weeks, some users have been noticing that it laughed with a creepy voice randomly, which sounded different from the programmed laugh. Although Amazon's staff claimed that the reason was that Alexa just picked up common sounds which sounded same like "Alexa, laugh," there are people who stated that it had begun laughing even in silent rooms! I doubt that our modern technologies are 100% safe. Do you think that it is safe enough to have a digital home assistant? Or, maybe is it a fake news created by Amazon's contestants?
these are violations of privacy in my opinion. if your using one you open up your home to anything. With that said I could careless. it's not in my home.
• Russian Federation
Yes, I agree with you
@MashaVickina I am glad if that works for you. I am not happy about it but it's how it is. Thank you very much.
anything that can be hacked or used unknowingly to listen in on people doesn't sound very safe to me.
• Russian Federation
Thanks for sharing your view
I do believe that having something like Alexa gives a lot of information about us to those who do not need to have it.
• Russian Federation
Thanks! I agree
I would like to say it's safe, but I really don't know.
• Russian Federation
Thanks for you reply
This is the second discussion I have read about this and I really couldn't care less as I don't have this device and I don't think I would be using one in my home.
• Russian Federation
Thanks for sharing your point of view
@kepweng (14726)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
nope its risky
I do not know what to think about a home asistant.
• Cebu, Philippines
This is creepy.