Making comfort dogs an everyday part of schools?

@Katiepie (121)
Okotoks, Alberta
Hospitals, nursing homes,colleges and universities have pounced on such studies and brought in dogs and other animals as a way to reduce stress among their populations. But there’s one large cohort that’s usually excluded from the canine benefits and thats children in public schools. With the exception of service and police dogs, and the occasional visit from a “reading” dog, ordinary dogs are largely absent from public schools. Many places pass laws that forbid dogs from stepping on school property, let alone taking up residence with the guidance councilor or principal’s office. Some school divisions enact no-dogs rules to protect children who are afraid or allergic to the animals and to keep school property free of dog waste. My personal opinion is that digs are yugly beneficial in all these departments expecially elementary school. What are your thoughts on this?
There are kids who are allergic, so they must state rules. I think it is not right to forbid dogs from stepping on school properties. In some countries dogs are even allowed in hospital to "comfort" their owners.
@Katiepie (121)
• Okotoks, Alberta
I agree with you for sure! There should be some rules I think haveing them around is definitely beneficial they bring comfort
@Katiepie I agree, animals can be of a great comfort. I have seen that a nursing home brings young kittens to be bottle fed by the residents. I have seen videos, how much the elders are happy to cuddle and feed the kitties. Even those with senile dementia get better.
@crossbones27 (19033)
• Redlands, California
i personally think that is a necessary thing. Dogs do things to people, bet would have no school shootings and if did bet they would change their outlook. Dogs make people do funny things like stop 10 feet from a stop sign scared they might hit one. Just me, run that fool over.
@Katiepie (121)
• Okotoks, Alberta
Great Comment. It probably would help with school shooting which are occuring way to often its so sad!
@rheicel (7333)
I love dogs, in fact, I have two dogs. But not all people are dogs lovers some of my friends are afraid of dogs and you're correct that they are people have an allergic reaction when they smell a fur so it's understandable that not all places would allow dogs to be there.
• Okotoks, Alberta
I agree with it. I feel dogs can be very therapeutic for alot of different situations. I feel in schools it can work. Mabey have an area outside or even a section in the school. So that the kids with allergies wouldn't have to be around them.