Happy National Panda Day!

Peoria, Arizona
Of course, of course! Of course I have to celebrate today! It is freaking National Panda day, the best day on Earth! In the universe! In the entire existence. Why? Because I get to celebrate pandas, specifically my panda bear, Mikey. If you don't know Mikey..What the heck is wrong with you? Do you not read my posts? At least 85% is talking about him. He is my little baby boy panda, he is 8 years old and is just my sweet sweet little thing and I take more pictures of him than I do of myself. Which is understandable, he is cute and I am not. Days like these are important though. Yes of course I am being goofy with my panda hats and taking pictures (by the way, all my other pictures are on my instagram DesirousDreamer) but it is more than just that. It is a day to promote conservation for pandas. Pandas were on the endangered animal list for such a long time and recently are now on the vulnerable list, which is amazing news! But we still have a long way to go. Since 2003, panda population has actually increased 16.8%! That is incredible! There are now over 1000 pandas living in the while and 100 others in zoos being cared for and protected. I love pandas. I still tear up when I think about the sweet baby panda I got to pet in 2009 or 2010 I think it was. Only 20 people that day were lucky enough to do it and it was magical. I love pandas, I have always tried my best to support conservation for endangered species because animals are so important to this world. They make this world beautiful and we need to protect them. It is National Panda day, Pandas are freaking amazing, I love my panda bear, Mikey so so much. Now let's go eat some bamboo!
Hooray for pandas!!! They are adorable.
• Peoria, Arizona
Yey pandas! They really are adorable haha!
@ridingbet (55920)
happy panda day. incidentally, there is a cheap ballpoint pen here that i often use for my work--- PANDA is the brand name
• Peoria, Arizona
Oohh is it a good pen? haha
@ridingbet (55920)
@DesirousDreamer yes it is, and because it is so cheap, a pen is good for only 2 months.
• Peoria, Arizona
@ridingbet As long it is good haha pens that glide while writing are the best.
@db20747 (8479)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Is your Panda a plush teddy bear?
• Peoria, Arizona
He is a very plush boy. haha
@db20747 (8479)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@DesirousDreamer for a minute I thought U had a real life panda in the backyard!!
• Peoria, Arizona
@db20747 Haha no! That would be extremely illegal!
Pandas! Didn't know they have a day reserved for them.
• Peoria, Arizona
Most animals do! It is just to help support animals and acknowledge their beauty!
@rakski (18656)
Happy panda day to Mikey.
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you!
@rakski (18656)
Yes he is cute, no you are not, you are beautiful! That is excellent news about the Pandas.
• Peoria, Arizona
Haha well thank you! I love hearing the good news about pandas, makes me so happy.
@Courage7 (8301)
Aw what a lovely photo of you friend..so nice with the little pals. Happy Pandas
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you! They are squad goals haha
I did not know it was Panda Day. Those are cute animals, so sweet.
• Peoria, Arizona
I know about way too many animal days haha I just really love animals.
@DesirousDreamer I also love animals, they are lovely.
• Peoria, Arizona
@LadyDuck I would hope that everyone would love animals and wish more people would take the time to learn about them.
It is really a Panda Day. Happy Panda Day!
• Peoria, Arizona
Yey! Haha thank you!
Your panda is cute but you are as well. As soon as I opened the discussion and saw the photo I thought aww how cute. Omg I am so envious of your being able to pet a baby panda. I would have cried to. Pandas have always been my favorite animal. I was airheaded enough when I was little that I thought my middle name was panda lol.
• Peoria, Arizona
It was one of the best moments of my life haha and the fact that it almost didn't happen gosh I was lucky haha Pandas are amazing! And that is so adorable! I have always loved pandas, they are just too precious
Pandas do look cute and lovable. I like them but not to the extent you do. Nice picture.
• Peoria, Arizona
Pandas are amazing! And thank you!
@august18 (3074)
• Tunisia
Happy panda day for you, too
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you!
@sabtraversa (13348)
Aww, you're cute too. But it's hard to compete with Mikey, understandable. I've never seen a panda in real life, but I'm so glad they're no longer endangered.
• Peoria, Arizona
Haha thank you! Nothing is cuter than Mikey haha! They are so precious and so soft and fuzzy! I cried when I heard that they are no longer endangered.
I love the hat!
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Give Mikey a hug for me !
• Peoria, Arizona
You got it!
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Happy panda day to you too. Sadly, I haven't seen a real panda. Only see them in movies