First there was one, then standing room only...

https://pixabay.com/en/drink-cup-table-dawn-coffee-3227730/
@HazySue (21280)
There I was this morning sitting on my front porch minding my own business enjoying my cup of coffee when the next thing you know I have two people stop to visit. Of course I offer them a cup. While I was inside getting it my next door neighbor neighbor and her husband came over. I turned around and went back inside to make another pot of coffee. I ended up with standing room only left on my porch. My chairs were all filled, so my hubby and one of the guys went to get more chairs. Every now and then this will happen. It's almost like an impromptu get together. I must have had a feeling because when I first got up I made a chocolate chip loaf cake. It was a hit. There wasn't a crumb left. I love when we end up with a house full, or rather, a porch full of people all chatting and having a nice visit. So, now I have the rest of the day to look forward too. I can't wait to see what else happens today.
@kobesbuddy (46140)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Our home use to be the exact same way! A blueberry pie on our counter top, was just begging to get devoured by company:) I miss those special visits, Susan:(
@HazySue (21280)
It is nice to live somewhere where you have such friendly neighbors.
@kobesbuddy (46140)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@HazySue We had a few friends who stopped by every Saturday.
@HazySue (21280)
@kobesbuddy It's nice to have friends drop by.
That's wonderful. Next time turn on some tunes and get them dancing, it's one way to work off the calories
@HazySue (21280)
What a great idea. But first I would have to get6t them off the porch and into the yard where there was more room to move.
Hey, one they start movin and shakin they'll have to move off the porch @HazySue Just think, one day your yard will be the hub center of the neighborhood. Who knows, they might even start bringing you cakes or what not. Or you could suggest a watermelon party for the summer.
@HazySue (21280)
@rebelann Definitely would love watermelon on a hot summer day. What a great time it would be.
Now that sounds like a great way to start the day. Are you still on the diet? Did you have a piece of that delicious sounding cake?
@HazySue (21280)
I am still on the diet. I stuck to a cup of coffee with cashew milk. Are you still on the diet? How is it going for you?
@HazySue Yes, down 32. This is the pic for this month. I'm glad you're still on the diet. How much have you lost so far?
@HazySue (21280)
@just4him What an amazing difference. I have lost 27 pounds. I have hit a plateau.
@JustBhem (36473)
• Davao, Philippines
Looks like you have a nice day with your neighbors and friends.
@HazySue (21280)
It's always nice to be able to have an impromptu get together like that.
@JustBhem (36473)
• Davao, Philippines
@HazySue I believe that because when you plan some of your get-togethers, the tendency is some will not going and will have their excuses.
@HazySue (21280)
@JustBhem I think you are corre3ct. It seems to go better and is more relaxed when it is a spur of the moment kind of thing.
That use to happen to us, in the warn summer nights. But no coffee and snacks. Just kids playing in yard and grown ups chatting
@HazySue (21280)
That is nice. I can remember running around outside after dark with the neighborhood kids chasing fireflies. It was a lot of fun.
@HazySue i can too.. but didnt do it often.
How nice that would have been - and even better for being unexpected. Just as well you had baked a cake.
@HazySue (21280)
That's what I was thinking. I must have had a inkling that we would be having friends stop by.
I love that kind of gathering. NO plans, just happens all of a sudden. It's more fun!
@HazySue (21280)
I agree it is more fun when it is spontaneous.
@Icydoll (18995)
Seems you had a good nice day there
@HazySue (21280)
We did, we have some great neighbors.
That is so great that folks stopped by to chat a bit. I bet that chocolate chip loaf cake was delicious!!!
@HazySue (21280)
I was told it was delicious. It certainly got eaten quickly enough.
@sallypup (27047)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That's a precious way to start the day.
@HazySue (21280)
I love it when a day starts out like that.
• New Delhi, India
You must have had a very nice day.
@HazySue (21280)
When a day starts out good it usually sets the tone for the rest of the day.
@epiffanie (10466)
Sounds like you have a lovely neighbourhood with lovely neighbours ..
@HazySue (21280)
It is nice over here. We feel comfortable and happy.
@epiffanie (10466)
@HazySue neighbourhood should be like that.... where everyone go out of their way to know one another... it doesn’t happen here in our neighbourhood.. I guess people are just busy with their own lives...
@HazySue (21280)
@epiffanie The neighborhood when we just moved from was the same way - everyone was busy wit5h their own lives and didn't take the time to know their neighbors.