Closing Down a Wonderland

@IvySaysHi (4342)
So I recently saw that Toys R Us will be closing down all of its stores and I was just left in shock. I love Toys R Us even now as an adult and just can not believe that they are all closing down. Is it not the magical place that all children dream of going anymore? Not only that but there are thousands of people who will be out of a job once all the stores close. I don't remember the exact date that they will all be officially closed but I am thinking a trip to one of the stores and take advantage of the huge sales I assume are going down since they are closing. Have you heard the news? What do you think of it?
• Calgary, Alberta
Most Americans prefers shopping online these days, Many malls are starting to close down. On the other hand, Malls are popping up like mushrooms in 3rd world countries. If you have kids, make them pursue robotics or IT because technology is taking away jobs.
@rakski (22170)
I agree. Here in every turn of your head there is a mall.
• Calgary, Alberta
@rakski If Lazada becomes more popular, those malls will be in danger.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
Yeah definitely wouldnt be a bad idea to get him into tech
Hears the news days ago. I don't go there because thwyre so expensive, and just toys that can bw bought elsewhere. so I really don't care. But sad for those who work there.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
Yeah it is sad for the workers. I loved going to toys r us ut yes they are pricy
@IvySaysHi kb toys was my place. Cheap and satisfying
I had heard of it. I went there once when visiting the US and it was a beautiful store.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
They are all so big and nice
@IvySaysHi Although maybe parents spent too much there
I think it's best if that works for them.The jobs will be other places like amazon and walmart since both are opening new shopping options for us. I was just learning of that the other day. So there are still options.
@sprite1950 (14496)
• Corsham, England
Yes I heard it some time ago and it is sad as many of my kids toys came from Toys R us. I suppose everything changes. The end of an era.
@rakski (22170)
I havent heard that news yet. Are they closing the stores even in other countries? Such a pity..
@IvySaysHi (4342)
Not sure if in other countries but definitely in the us
@id_peace (7633)
There is a switch in term of consumerism whereby the kids theses days will play iPad and watch shows from it instead of getting real toys unlike the past. The company is not able to switch over in time nor it recongnise the change in trends to take action to overcome the potential challenge
Saw the news as well and actually felt bad for all those who will lose their jobs.
@elico6666 (186)
• Kfar Saba, Israel
today people like to buy on the internet moles will be closd soon