The Bouncing Cat

Janesville, Wisconsin
Under normal circumstances I would not find the idea of a real bouncing cat that funny. But my Cat Moochum who was a small lazy Chubby ball of furr used to barely fit around my neck spent most of his life wrapped around my neck comfortably as I wandered around out side when he was not living up to his name munching on some food somewhere. He when he rolled up was the size of a basketball and he was so lazy he even as a kitten would just glare at you when you tried to get him to play.... But one day Moochum decided he wanted to try to hunt... He obviously had a poor hunting choice... This was around mid summer. My Sandhill Crane and Geese friends would bring their babies into the yard and parade them around showing them off to me and my family as they have done for years... Third day they come.. Moochum starts to stalk a baby gosling... The Gander, Daddy Goose.. would grab him by his tail and pull him away from his baby.... This went on for 20 minutes.. then Mama goose wandered off with her babies... As the Gander goose picked up Moochum by his tail flew slowly up to 20 feet and dropped him... Moochum tucked and rolled and bounced around the yard... Then if Moochum was sleeping in the yard when they flew over The Gander around sometimes do it again and my English shepards would run up and bark at them.. and then cuddle with My Moochum who would often sleep on them as well. :) .. Moochum was never hurt from it sometimes he would jump out of trees rolls into a ball and bounce around. Yes, he is the same cat from the Mink Story :) ... Added to calm some nerves: The land Moochum bounced on was 4 feet tall marsh grass he was not injured I had tripped and bounced in that grass. very springy thick grass for those concerned :) .. He was fine, he was vet checked that day... By a horse vet that came out... she also would help me with my cats... She did small animals as well as horses.
@nanette64 (18182)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh my....Moochum was lucky he never got hurt @dnatureofdtrain .
• Janesville, Wisconsin
he had his tuck and bounce perfected to an art form.. He sometimes would thump like a bunny with his hind legs and roll or bounce more.. he was so comical. :) I was so worried as he was about 16 yrs old then.. but when the vet came to do the horses later that day she looked at him he was fine. :)
@nanette64 (18182)
• Fairfield, Texas
@dnatureofdtrain What an awesome kitty; especially for his age? Amazing. I have 12 of them and they're all different in personality and traits. My day is never boring.
• Janesville, Wisconsin
@nanette64 My Current count is 8 of them.. Most I had at once is 32 and the story is coming of how that happened. :) They sure are awesome. My cats all tend to be weird to in some way like me lol.. It is fascinating how feral cats and kittens can be so human like at times with their traits and personalities.
@dodoazo (22047)
A fanciful cat, funny and adorable as far as I am concerned though I haven't seen him in a picture. Sorry I haven't read a Mink Story
• Janesville, Wisconsin
I am not sure if I have a good photo of him.. I will have to look.. i do got loads of photos to go through. Here is the mink one :) a woman thought he was mink and he meowed and scared her when she woke him up lol..
One fall evening about the brink of snow i went walking down the road for four miles had my winter coat on it that had some fake furr, and Had my all time lazy...
• Janesville, Wisconsin
Before digital cams my family did not want me to waste their film on my cats so I did not have a lot of photos of them. I have one somewhere... He passed on at age 18 in 2003.. So I can not share anything recent unless he appears well a spirit cat. :) . He was 16 yrs old when he was bouncing around with the Geese, and I did have a vet look at him although she was horse vet, she worked with small animals before she was horse vet, and he was fine.. :) She often helped me with my cats.
@dodoazo (22047)
@dnatureofdtrain That's okay. I am just curious to see for I am going to compare it with the mink which I have seen in the Internet. Don't bother. Thanks.