Is taking a partner's money without permission stealing

Would you consider taking a husband ,wife ,boyfriend or girlfriend money without telling them.stealing. I don't think so how about you?
@id_peace (1395)
It is definitely theft and the trust built will be lost.
It depends on the situation. Like how we have the same bank/funds used in that account - we both know.
How about taking money from.his or her wallet?
@augusta123 asking first then or at least tell them prior
@infatuatedbby well you are right
• Preston, England
Yes it should be regarded as theft in most circumstances. Even with a joint bank account a couple should discuss their expenditure plans with one another before simply taking money without asking.
Are you saying that a wife that takes a husband money is a thief
• Preston, England
@augusta123 or the husband taking the wife's money - if it is not done with mutual consent and shared permission it is theft. The partner may have plans or needs for the money that just taking it could ruin and the couple could plunge into debt from random spending - whether the married couple are poor or multi-millionaires, simply taking money from the other at will is sure to cause trouble, both emotionally and financially
@arthurchappell but we can't see that as stealing, that's way too bad
@topffer (32884)
• France
Here it is considered stealing when a couple is not married and may send you to jail if your partner lodges a complaint.
How about married couples?
@topffer (32884)
• France
@augusta123 Good question. Less than 50% of couples are married in my country. The law says that there is no stealing possible between married people and for children towards their parents.
@topffer well stated
it's at the very least rude not to ask first.they might have been saving that to pay a bill or something.
yea,but if they were married?
@augusta123 i'm married.i never take money without at least saying why i need it.if he needs some from me he does the same thing.
@lovebuglena (5078)
• Staten Island, New York
Regardless of who the person is you have to ask permission before going into someone's wallet to take money out of it. So, taking money from the wallet of your husband, wife, etc. and not saying anything is wrong and it is stealing, even though his/her money is your money...
if his money is mine then how can taking the money be stealing again?
• Staten Island, New York
@augusta123 Well, you are going into his wallet... without asking him or telling him.
I think it's stealing. Maybe your family member is saving that money for some important work and taking it without telling him/ her will create problems.
Not family member, like a wife taking money from the husband wallet?
@augusta123 It's important to inform Husband/wife before taking or immediately after taking money.
@dodo19 (31333)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I feel like it kind of is, or might be. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking money from my husband without asking him, or anything like that. It's one thing if it's a joint account, but it's different if it's his own account.
No taking from his wallet
@dodo19 (31333)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@augusta123 I still feel like it is.
@dya80dya (1376)
Yes. It's stealing. If someone needs money he or she should borrow and ask for permission.
But it will awful to call.your partner a thief,don't you think so?
@dya80dya (1376)
@sprite1950 (8612)
• Corsham, England
Yes I think it is. I would never take anyone's money without asking no matter how close I was to them. If I needed to borrow money from my partner I would just ask him and then pay it back.
Are you saying a wife can be labelled a thief for taking a husband money?
• Corsham, England
@augusta123 Yes I think if she takes it and then never mentions it. If she tells him she has borrowed it then no.
@Raj7779 (2885)
• Ahmednagar, India
Yea it is stealing as per my view because he/she will be confuse and in tension of who has stolen my money and all other thoughts so its better to take money with permission
But labelling the person a thief is so wrong, don't you think so.
@Raj7779 (2885)
• Ahmednagar, India
@augusta123 I don't think so because with out permissions anything he/she take is called as a thief
It all depends upon the understanding between family. If the family has a good understanding between them then it won't be an issue but in a low understanding family if you did it parents may or may not say anything to you but they will open their spy nature for you. To be in a perfect sentence yes it will be termed as stealing if you took money without permission..and this stealing will only feel good if you say them that "I have taken this much amount from you" immediately after you took money from their wallet. That will put a good impression.
I mean husband and wife taking money without permission from.one another.
@augusta123 yes, they both need to tell each other. So that no further confusion will arise in the future. They both should be open and true to each other.
@Bhebelen14 (4922)
Yup, it is stealing even if it's your husband money. In my case when I run out of cash I always asked my husband even though he kept on telling me to get some money in his drawer.
okay
• Northampton, England
hasnt stopped a zillion women yet
what??
@Platespinner (16819)
It probably depends on the couple. Some couples keep their finances separate and I think violating that could be argued as stealing. However, my husband and keep our finances linked. Overspending would be a betrayal of trust, but it wouldn't be stealing.
Sure,it not stealing
You are not suppose to take a partner's money without their knowledge and I personally, will be angry except I told you to. It is stealing.
it like one will labelling his wife or her husband a thief which is wrrong
@Icydoll (10628)
When the married couple thinks “it's our money”..then that won't be a issue.there should be mutually understanding between couple how they manage family financially .if they feel it's your money my money then without permission taking money it's lead to huge problems.
outrightly calling a partner thief is totally wrong,what do you think?
I think with husband and wife they still ned to communicate their expenses or it will be a big fight between them. BF and GF? i don't think so, unless they have a joint account, and it is better to communicate still their expenses.
but that does still makes the other person a thief right??
@Berrygal (1789)
• South Africa
it certainly stealing ,no good person should do that