Favorite "Color" Bands #5 - Whitesnake

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Yesterday, it was the color black. Today, white is the color of the day in my countdown of my favorite bands with a color in their name. We are at #5: Whitesnake. Led by laser beam vocalist David Coverdale, Whitesnake formed in Middlesbrough, England, in 1978, after Coverdale had finished his stint in Deep Purple. Whitesnake experienced their greatest success in the 1980's, being one of that decade's quintessential hard rock bands. I seem to remember Coverdale saying on VH1 that the band has sold over 50 million records worldwide. Sadly, despite an air raid siren for a voice, and a slew of great albums and singles under his belt, many people seem to only know Whitesnake for Coverdale's hair and the inclusion of his then-girlfriend Tawny Kitaen in a trilogy of the band's video's. While Coverdale has experienced more than his share of roster turnover, over the years, Whitesnake's lineup has been home to a who's who of hard rock musicians. Notable members have included Bernie Marsden, Neil Murray, Jon Lord, Ian Paice, Cozy Powell, John Sykes, Aynsley Dunbar, Adrian Vandenberg, Vivian Campbell, Rudy Sarzo, and Tommy Aldridge. That's like hard rock royalty. Did I mention that Coverdale had a fantastic mane of hair? (Hey, I know. I'll just put my hot girlfriend in all my videos! info verified by Wikipedia)
Music video by Whitesnake performing Still Of The Night.
@FourWalls (13310)
I love the parody with Samuel L. Jackson, "Whitesnake's on a Plane." Can't post it here because of Samuel L.'s love of a certain word.....
He loves that word as much as Rob Zombie love's "yeah."
@FourWalls (13310)
@teamfreak16 -- don't know if there's any truth to this or not (you know, as Abe Lincoln once said, you can't trust everything you read on the internet ), but I read that he had a terrible problem with stuttering as a youngster and that word helped break him of it. If you need a laugh look up the "edited" Capital One commercial on You Tube, every mf'in time!
@FourWalls (13310)
@teamfreak16 -- I haven't watched the NCAA tournament in three years. Don't like the announcers...and there's baseball to watch instead!
Oh, there was music playing behind Tawny Kitaen lol?
Yeah, just some indecipherable noise.
@Ronrybs Now you know!
@Ronrybs - She was also on the cover of RATT's Out of the Cellar album.
I love Whitesnake still have the tape and, the cd.
I used to have a few of their CD's. I have a Best Of on my iPod.
@spiderdust (5993)
• San Jose, California
Back in the day, my favorite part of this song was the synth cellos.
Me too. I guess that was John Sykes' doing.
• San Jose, California
@teamfreak16 The outro was pretty good too.
@spiderdust - That it was. Just a really good song.
@Ronrybs (7301)
• London, England
Didn't realise that Cozy Powell was once a part of the group, rather like him. The only Whitesnake I can recall is Here I go Again.
Yeah, he's had some great drummers over the years.
@Ronrybs (7301)
• London, England
@teamfreak16 I still really like Na Na Na. Dance with the devil makes me think of Boney M's Nightflight to Venus - probably a bit sad!
But you know what is funny is this is the same guy singing...which I prefer Whitesnake's more 'bluesy' earlier sound.
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... It’s YouTube. Uninterrupted. Loading... Want music and vide
Yeah, their early stuff is definitely a lot different. It's like two different bands.
Very nice and popular song. Thanks
You're welcome.
Yay! a band I know.
I just liked his hair.