FRIDAY,13th

@ridingbet (55961)
Good day to all of us, how are you? Today is the last day of our duty. I will therefore be, on standby mode until August. Well, it will be good because I will be here every day, maybe 7 days a week. My sister often sighs, “Friday, the 13th”. I asked her the third time she sighed: ”So what, Manang?” (Manang is ‘big sister’ in our regional language). She connotes that 13th is an unlucky number, more so, it is on a Friday. I told her, “We also had the Good Friday on the 13th of the month”. My sister thinks ahead of time. She is already thinking about bad luck coming her way, like “I will probably heal longer”. I keep mum if she sighs and frets. Are you careful when it is Friday the 13th, for fear of accidents and misfortunes?
@aureliah (16857)
Its good that you will have a lot of free time as long as you get paid
@ridingbet (55961)
here, yes i will be paid. in school, no more because once we have no duty, our pay also stops. i am a part-time employee, that is why.
@aureliah (16857)
@ridingbet Okay. As a part time employee this happens
@ridingbet (55961)
@aureliah so i am on standby mode until August. i think this site will give me finances for my medicines, as always
@Jessabuma (33119)
• Baguio, Philippines
Yes dear, some people say it's unlucky day, I will just stay home all day, I avoid to step out today
@kepweng (16794)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
nice you believe the Superstitious too??
@Jessabuma (33119)
• Baguio, Philippines
@kepweng not really, hehe!!l
@ridingbet (55961)
right, and if you have nothing to do outside your house, it is best to stay indoors. remember, our summer is so hot. hehehe
@ivanituut (1932)
you believe is what you get that's why I don't believe to misfortune today :) I'm just being optimistic now
@ridingbet (55961)
that is true.if we live our lives believing in superstition, i guess we won't improve and grow.
@ivanituut (1932)
@ridingbet Yes that's true :)
@Starmaiden (6666)
I like to have fun with Friday 13th. I don't consider it a bad luck day, but many people do. I just play with it.
@ridingbet (55961)
that is good to know. anyway, there will always be a month in a year where Friday falls on the 13th.
@rheicel (7328)
Do you still believe on that? Some say it's a lucky day for them.
@ridingbet (55961)
no, i don't
@rheicel (7328)
@ridingbet Me also it's just a number but there's nothing wrong if we're extra careful during Friday 13th.
@ridingbet (55961)
@rheicel right. we won't lose anything though if we practice safety measures due to the day and date.
In France it was considered a "lucky" day, in Italy in some region is also a lucky day. I am not at all concerned.
@ridingbet (55961)
yes, i think some countries consider 13th day of the month as a lucky day.
@ridingbet I know, in Italy they even sell jewelries with pendants shaped like a horseshoe with the number 13 in the middle.
@ridingbet (55961)
@LadyDuck the horse shoe i believe is a sign of good luck
It's just another day. I'm not superstitious. My friend at the pool has a birthday today, and my son was born on Friday the 13th in July. I consider it a good day, just like any other.
@ridingbet (55961)
me too. i do not believe in that anymore, but it won't hurt anyway if we stay safe on that day. just so those who care about us won't be stressed thinking about us.
@ridingbet That's something we should do every day.
@YrNemo (13412)
I don't often notice the date. Many Fridays the 13th have passed by without me noticing a thing until someone told me a few weeks later.
@ridingbet (55961)
yes, it should be any ordinary day. but sometimes if an accident happened on Friday the 13th, many connect this to the bad luck of the mentioned day and date
@YrNemo (13412)
@ridingbet You are right.
@AKRao24 (19779)
I am not a Christian but I know most of them they believe Friday the 13 as a day of bad omen. I have seen the movie Friday the 13 when I was in college which was a horror movie, from there I could make it out that how people are dreaded about this day! But for me it is one of those regular days and I am perfectly normal with it! Thanks dear @ridingbet!
@ridingbet (55961)
well, i believe not all Christians think that Friday the 13th is an unfortunate and unlucky day. it is already in one's perception if the day is bad for him.
@AKRao24 (19779)
@ridingbet , Oh I see, I never had any idea about this! I thought perhaps it is a notion prevailing among the Christians...thanks a lot for making the things clear!
@Icydoll (22570)
I don't believe in this...everyday will be good...go positive,think positive.
@ridingbet (55961)
that should be the better attitude. as cannot live on believing superstitions forever.
@JustBhem (39383)
• Davao, Philippines
I scanned my facebook earlier and was surprised because no one bothers to post something like this. Maybe they are too overwhelmed because it is also a payday.
@ridingbet (55961)
payday? the payday of the full-time employees in school is today, but half day only. for us part-timers, it will be on Monday afternoon.