The neighbors moved in.

Chile
My new neighbors moved in last week. We sold my mother´s house next door to mine about a year ago and for about a year I had to hear pounding and drilling. I never saw a house that took so much time to be remodeled. But then, the new owners much have lots of money because they turned my mother´s house in another twice as big. Last week, some very big moving vans came with furniture. I did not see much, but Leticia watched every movement and told me about it. And now, I listen to the children playing and pounding on the fence until wee hours of the day. I hope the children will learn to play at the other side of their house. How are your neighbors?
Our neighbors are very quiet, one has 5 children, the closest to our home has 2, but we only hear them playing during a few hours in the afternoon, never in the evening.
I remember that Switzerland has lots of rules against noise. At least that was so when I visited there.
@marguicha It is still the same, we have strict rules against noise. This is one of the reasons why we moved here.
@LadyDuck That´s good!
@Tina30219 (37486)
• Onaway, Michigan
We have neighbors but they live down the road it next door the ones that lived next door are gone thank god.
Neighbors are not always what we want.
@Tina30219 (37486)
• Onaway, Michigan
@marguicha I agree. The ones we use to have their yard looks like a junkyard filled with so much crap.
@Tina30219 Here they would make them take it away or pay a fine.
@hereandthere (33365)
the same thing is happening here. the old one story houses in the middle of the lot have become 3 apartments 3 stories high occupying the whole lot with high gates.
My brother told me last week that the neighbors has told him that they would like to build a very high fence between my house and theirs, because theirs is a 2 story house now. I will say no. It is not legal and they would take away all the sun from my garden. If they don´t want to be seen they can buy curtains.
@marguicha the family that bought and rebuilt the house next door did that to us.
@hereandthere I will be nice unless they steal my sun rays.
@mlgen1037 (29606)
• Manila, Philippines
At where I live now, they are nice and more civl than those neighbors we had at my parents’ house.
Sometimes you are lucky.
@mlgen1037 (29606)
• Manila, Philippines
@marguicha That is so true, Marguicha.
@mlgen1037 They don´t bother much up to now.
At this time of year my next door neighbors are out of town so it is relatively 'quiet' from that town house unit right next to us BUT 2 doors down is a young woman who must be deaf cause her music can actually be heard vaguely in my end unit . . . annoying but not so bad cause it is NOT loud everyday ! I hope the young children do not annoy your silence times too much either
I dread more what the adults would want to do.
@marguicha think back to when you were just a young mom moving into a new place and try and not fear the worst but hope to embrace the better--- perhaps you might even become friendly neighbors . . .
@enlightenedpsych2 I agree with it.
@porwest (9771)
My neighbors are generally friendly and tend to keep to themselves. One is a bit nosy though.
I´m not happy with nosy people. But I haven´t had the experience with neighbors yet.
@porwest (9771)
@marguicha Nosy people can be annoying. At the end of the day you just learn to live with them, and try the best you can to keep them out of your business.
@porwest I don´t much mind noisy children. But I do mind nosy neighbors.
Our neighbours are several hundred yards away so we're lucky in that respect. And their children are grown up now.
Our houses are near in the city. Luckily, my house is not attached to another one. But still, it is near.
@marguicha We are not looking forward to leaving the country area and perhaps having to live in suburbia.
@JudyEv Country living is a lot more peaceful.
It sounds like you will have friendly neighbors. We don't have much contact with our neighbors. Here we will close the door when we are home. We will just say hi to each other when we meet but that's all.
I think that neighbors want to be friendly.
@marguicha At least most of them
@youless So true!
@aureliah (20774)
• Kenya
It might take time before they learn to do so
I hope so. Meanwhile, they cannot be bothered with Luna´s baby barks
@aureliah (20774)
• Kenya
@marguicha yeah they are still little barks
I'm lucky, there aren't any small children living near.
I will have to get used to it. Right now, we are even. They will have to get used to Luna
I have two little boys on the end of the hall. They play so nice together. I have a new neighbor across from me. She has some kind of child with special needs. He is making loud noices that can be a little bother some. I am understanding to his needs. So of course I don't complain. I just turn up the tv. But it's going to be nice to moved soon. I love the place I live but it's not my forever home.
I just decided this year that this is going to be my forever home. That, unless I can sell this house and buy one very near my youngest daughter.
@sw8sincere (5287)
Our neighbors are far from our house. Luckily I never heard any nuisance sounds from the children playing.
Here houses are very near.
There is dog next door that constantly barks all day long.
Luna here is learning to bark
Everyone pretty much keeps to themselves so I'm good.
It happens here too. But you can hear noises.
@caopaopao (12629)
I have a good neighbor. We get along well with each other.
I´m so glad!
Our neighbors are very quiet - and not very sociable.
I give a party once a year. And no music.
My neighbors are all quiet. It is great. One couple prays for me because I don’t have God in my life.
It seems that one of my friends pray for me too. But the last time she spoke with me about the subject, she said that I believed, but was not aware of it. I could not answer to that
• Bridgton, Maine
My neighbors are good to live by, as I don't bother them and they don't bother me. I actually know very little about my neighbors because I never pay any attention to whatever it is they're doing.
It is like that with neighbors I have had for 20 years. They are nice and polite but that´s it.