I Never Knew

@cintol (7574)
When my twin boys were born we lived in St Louis, MO so we bought them matching Cardinal outfits. They didn't wear them very long before one passed from SIDS but I put the outfits away and saved them. When my twin grandson's were born, I pulled out those outfits and gave them to the boys to wear. They fit them perfectly and I was so happy that someone else could use them. This last weekend we took a ride to Dallas and picked up my grandsons for the weekend. They are now going to be 4 yrs old.My remaining twin son committed suicide almost 2 yrs ago and I now have neither of them left so everything from them is a treasure and a memory for me. When we picked up the boys, their mom gave me these bunnies that she bought and put those outfits on them for me to keep so I would have my memories. I am so grateful to her for doing this, I didn't even know she still had them, but she saved them for me all these years. My twins would have been 34 this year so that tells you how old these outfits are. Has anyone ever done anything this loving for you so you could keep your memories?
@Morleyhunt (20283)
That was a thoughtful thing to do.
@cintol (7574)
I know, shes a good person.
@august18 (3771)
• Tunisia
I'm so sorry for your loss. I cried reading this. My sister and I are twins. We can't live without each other.
@cintol (7574)
Thank you, I think that is why my son always had such a hard time through life. He always told me something was missing, he never felt whole. He was good with his wife and kids but when she left, he couldn't be alone again, that bond with your twin is strong, I see it in my grandsons so I know what you and your sister feel.
@august18 (3771)
• Tunisia
@cintol This made me cry again. Sorry again for your loss.
@cintol (7574)
@august18 I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry. I am glad you and your sister have each other.
They look in pretty good shape. Sorry that you lost your twins, and that was very thoughtful of your daughter in law.
@cintol (7574)
Thank you, shes a good person
no I did want to make my mom a pillow out of one of my brothers shirts. But she was not in a good way. I left it alone. I have his shirt in a clear bag flat and on my wall with his baby's picture. It's for me. I think you loved one was truly thinking of you.
@cintol (7574)
Thats ok the way you did it, you have a memory of your brother and thats for you to remember. Sounds like you made a beautiful memory of his shirt. Sorry for your loss. My daughter made me a pillow out of one of my sons chef shirts and it helped me so much, I felt closer to him. I have some more of his shirts and I am making pillows for my grand daughter for her birthday.
I am so sorry for your losses. What a wonderful thing your daughter in law did for you. I so admire people who can think of things like that.
@cintol (7574)
Thank you Paige, I would have never thought to do this and she has moved several times since I gave them to her so I didn't even know she kept them.
What a nice things she did for you with the bunnies and the outfits on them. Those bunnies look cute to.
@cintol (7574)
Thank you, yes I cried when she gave them to me.
@FayeHazel (19039)
Oh my. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm happy that the outfits brought you some comfort and now twin grandsons can wear. And now the bunnies wear them. It is a very sweet thing to do
@cintol (7574)
I was so surprised by it she made me cry. I am glad I have them back though just for the memories
@FayeHazel (19039)
@cintol Amazing when some small items can bring back sweet memories.
@cintol (7574)
@FayeHazel I know, I want to find the pics I have of both sets of twins wearing them and get a shadow box to put the pic and bears in. Just to preserve them coz those outfits are almost 34 years old and still like new
@bunnybon7 (37156)
• Holiday, Florida
i don't think anyone has. my aunt did save some photos i took yrs. back of the kids once. some i had forgotten about even. that is wonderful you got those
@cintol (7574)
I love finding old photos and seeing people in the past the way they were.
@bunnybon7 (37156)
• Holiday, Florida
@cintol i love every one i ever got. i have been the photo keeper for most my life. no one seems to care for them as much these days as they do just selfies. that is sad
@cintol (7574)
@bunnybon7 I know right! I try and get pics of my grand kids whenever I can so I have them in the future when they grow up.
What a lovely thing for her to do. I'm sorry you've lost your twin sons. Your heart must be very heavy at times.
@cintol (7574)
Its hard at times, especially my son, he was 31 when he couldn't go on anymore but he never told us and since we were in different states we didn't know. I would have given anything to know what he was going through and be able to save him.
@cintol Some hide their problems so well no-one ever knows. There is always the 'if only... ' thoughts that go through your head.
@cintol (7574)
@JudyEv I hate living with the "if only" thoughts, it is so hard.
@Courage7 (11781)
So precious that is Cindy. No no one has done that for me. Not at all. I am sorry for your loss of both your beloved boys.
@cintol (7574)
Thank you so much, I keep everything I can find of theirs now and cherish it all.
@Courage7 (11781)
@cintol I happen to believe in the afterlife so I hope its true and you will see them once again.
@cintol (7574)
@Courage7 I believe in it too, I know they will be in the light for me when its my time.
@ridingbet (57740)
i have some of the blouses of my late mother, and many other stuff like lipsticks, bags, 2 watches, and lots. when i use or wear them,. i remember my mother.
@cintol (7574)
Its nice that you were able to keep those things and can use some of them. I bet your mother is very happy that you have them and remember her.
@ridingbet (57740)
@cintol yes,she should be while looking down upon us from up above, with my late father.
@cintol (7574)
@ridingbet Well, you know their together and always looking out for you now.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
Those rabbits are cuties. I am sorry to hear about your twins. But nevertheless, God gave you another set of twins in the form of your grandsons. And you got a very thoughtful daughter in law.
@cintol (7574)
Your right, he did just that and I take them when ever I can to spend time with them. Thank you
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
@cintol You are most welcome, Cindy. I am happy for you and your family. Take care always. Please say hi to the twins for me.
@cintol (7574)
@mlgen1037 I will do that Louise, thank you
The outfits look pristine, and your daughter-in-law was so very thoughtful. I'm so sorry to learn about your twins. How very sad.
@cintol (7574)
Yes, they are in perfect shape and I will cherish them, thank you.
@cintol (7574)
That was very nice of her to do that. I'm so sorry you don't have either of your boys. I'm glad you have the grandsons to make life better.
@cintol (7574)
Thank you Valerie, it has been hard but we make it through day by day, the grandkids do help
@cintol (7574)
@just4him Thank you Valerie
Was that ever a kind and sweet gesture of her. I did have someone do something sweet for me on a similar note. Shortly after our daughter passed away, a friend of ours had bought her her first doll, and she brought it over to us and gave it to us. She passed during her first year, and never got to play with any toys, but we have her doll still, and the memory of what could and should have been. Its nice when someone does good to a bad situation isn't it?
@cintol (7574)
Awww, I bet that is hard having that doll and knowing it was for her but also reassuring that you have that memory of her. It is nice when someone does something like that to calm someone else. So glad she gave you the doll
@cintol Its not so bad at all. Someone gave us a set of hair clips with her name on it, something young girls would wear, and I held on to those. When you have a child and they die, as you know, you lose some of your future. She never got to wear those barrettes, but I have them here to remind me of what could and should have been.
@cintol (7574)
@Juliaacv Thats a beautiful memory for you, I totally understand
@YrNemo (14234)
So sorry re: your twins. Glad that you have something to remember the twins by.
@cintol (7574)
Yes it was a beautiful thing that she did for me, always a keepsake I will cherish. Thank you
@YrNemo (14234)
@kepweng (17660)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
I'm so sorry to learn about your twins. How very sad.
@cintol (7574)
Thank you Kristal.
Beautiful that she did this. I love it.
@cintol (7574)
Thank you Heather, I cried because I never realized she had kept the outfits after I had given them to her. She had them over 3 yrs so it was nice that she did this for me.
@porwest (7046)
What a sad story, but with a silver lining if there can be one out of that.
@cintol (7574)
This will be one of many of my cherished memories of my boys, I have to look for the silver lining as their are others who still need me but they will never be forgotten. Thank you
@dgobucks226 (13252)
Very nice gesture!
@cintol (7574)
Thank you, this is very true! I will forever remember this gesture she made and I hope my children will pass them down through the years when I am gone.