How do you recycle your Trash?

@Jeffopez (208)
The environment is now deeply damage and contaminated with waste. Because we consume and used a lot of things for our work, need or survival. We probably notice how different the environment before compare to present, We may preserve our selves but we cannot defend nor prepare of the consequences ahead if we don't act. The picture that I posted is my way of recycling my trash, I used plastic containers as my planting pot and the biodegradable serve as fertilizers. And now the tomatoes and sweet pepper are growing well probably next month or so i can start harvesting. What are your recycling ideas? Share your ideas, experience or routine at home for us to be more aware of our environment. Thank you!
@hereandthere (31119)
hope to see them when they bear fruit
@Jeffopez (208)
I'LL post it when the time comes.
@destry (2532)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
Well done you :) We have no option for recycling here - we reuse and re-purpose everything that we can. In general, I htink our home generates at the most, one bag of waste per month.
@Jeffopez (208)
What country are you from?
@destry (2532)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
@Jeffopez From the UK, but live on a very small, remote island in the North sea called Eday. The island has one small shop and a few megalithic standing stones.... and that's about it!
@Jeffopez (208)
@destry thats amazing! How many people are living in your island?
@franxav (5071)
The biodegradable waste we dump into a ditch to make manure for my garden and metal and plastic waste we sell to the junk dealer. we also sell old newspaper to him.
@Jeffopez (208)
Its amazing to know that your doing that kind of work, save the environment and earn some money, its sure is a win-win setting right there!
I recycle everything that I can think of.
@Jeffopez (208)
Thats awesome!
@mlgen1037 (29654)
• Manila, Philippines
My dad would separate the garbage can for the paper, plastic and biodegradable. Then he has a separate case for all that be can be recycled.
@Jeffopez (208)
Thats great! , in our school we teach kids to segregate trash and recycle them as much as possible.
@mlgen1037 (29654)
• Manila, Philippines
@Jeffopez I think that is good - start them young.
@Jeffopez (208)
@mlgen1037 thats the ultimate goal of the program.
Pity that you haven't added the name of your country so that your post would be more understandable. I live in Germany where collecting trash is well organised. We have containers for glass, tins and old clothes at certain spots in the town. Paper and metal stuff (for example old pots) are collected regularly. Also garden stuff (twigs, leaves, grass). If we want to get rid of old furniture, we call an office in the town hall and it is collected for a small fee.
@Jeffopez (208)
Im sorry about that, im from the Philippines, its great to hear that your country is very organized regarding trash i hope someday my country will do the same.
@Jeffopez Add the name of your country to your account page, please. Other members want to see it, too.
@Jeffopez (208)
@MALUSE I have difficulty putting it in cuz it seem that its not in the choices given.
@SAM774 (3734)
hey ... my mother also do the same ... she also uses a plastic container as a planting pot
@Jeffopez (208)
Thats good to know, i hope you do the same.
@SAM774 (3734)
@Jeffopez yes... i will follow her
We use some plastic biscuit containers as our pail in the house.
@Jeffopez (208)
Same here, its even durable compared to the actual pail.
@Jeffopez Indeed, my friend. I hope people will realize that this is a good way to save the mother Earth.
@Freelanzer (8969)
We have a weekly recycle pick up here so I recycle everything that can be recycles. I also compost and use the compost for my garden. I also stopped using plastic bags many years ago and take my own re-useable bags when I go shopping
@Jeffopez (208)
In our own little ways, we really can do much! You are doing an awesome job!
@rheicel (7331)
We also use plastic containers as planting pot.
@Jeffopez (208)
Thats good to know,!
@Icydoll (19894)
I use plastic bottles to grow small plants...
@Jeffopez (208)
Small plants are cute to look at, especially those that has good colors on it.
@suni51 (2991)
I do the same when in India but I have the option of three different trash-bins in Australia so my trash reaches to right place.
@Jeffopez (208)
Thats good to know, putting the trash in the right place is a right thing to do.
• Bournemouth, England
Every fortnight I fill the large recycling bin to the top with papers, any plastic the council will allow, cans, glass containers. There is also a weekly food waste collection but I also put a lot into the compost. Batteries are recycled at local shops and there is a container locally for collecting electrical items. Books and clothes go to charity shops. Like you I use plastic containers as plant pots and they work just as well, especially after I have made a hole in the bottom of them.
@kepweng (14879)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i Sell the non biodegardable
@id_peace (6966)
I recycle by using the plastic bags for trash. Also uses the plastic bottle to store water for watering the plant.