a life less ordinary

The bus is a bit empty this evening. Perhaps the glorious sunshine and warmth has encouraged people to pop to the pub for afternoon drinkie-poos. Or they took the afternoon off work to begin their Bank Holiday weekend early. Or maybe they've gone to the fair on the common. I have had a wonderful day with Toddler Niece. We showed Nanna the big library and read books meant for babies. We jumped on escalators and danced to music. We used our imagination to *read* the messages in greeting cards. One had a cat, wearing a party hat. Wear a party hat and be pretty, like my cat, *read* Toddler Niece. I told her that perhaps one day she could earn some pennies working for a greetings card company. I am looking forward to the longer weekend. A football match tomorrow, followed by the cinema, and then a day of doing very little on Sunday. I say very little but I actually mean getting stuff done, like housework and gardening. Husband is working on Bank Holiday Monday, so I get to enjoy the day on the my lonesome. I'm thinking cocktails and books in the garden, with the cats by my feet? Lovely.
I was a real bookworm when I was little and literally ate myself through the Children's Library. Sound like you are going to have a great weekend. Enjoy.
Thank you. I hope it's relaxing! Like you, I must have read all the books in the library as a child. The library is a truly magical place.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
Hmmmm... I would like that too, to read more books and just enjoy the day as it unfolds.
Yep. No real plans ... just go with the flow ... Or where the books take us!
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
@Poppylicious yes indeed. I have bought new books today and I am one happy kid.
@mlgen1037 I tend not to buy books anymore. I borrow a lot from the library!
I've read what the reality turned out to be. What a howling shame.
I need to lower my expectations in the future!
Enjoy your time with your toddler niece.
I always do. She's a delight!
@YrNemo (14703)
It is always lovely resting our feet at the weekend. I did the laundry before, so guess I can have some time for mylot. Hope you enjoy the 'home alone' time.
Weekends are definitely made for relaxing. :)
Your niece does have a knack for greeting card creation! You do have a lovely Sunday planned.
She's quite a clever little monkey sometimes. :)
It has been awhile riding on the bus
Only for you!
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
Cocktails and a book in the garden is my idea of bliss. The weather is set to be fine. Enjoy!
I wish I could have done. *sigh*
@Poppylicious Enjoy your time off.