Facing a few life changing choices!

@destry (2563)
Kirkwall, Scotland
Life changing choices are afoot with @knypse and I. We have a baby on the way, which is a monumental life change, and I am also considering giving up my well paid, full time job to spend more time with the family and to establish a few small businesses. The guaranteed income of a full time job will be missed, but, as we have minimal overheads, we think that we can afford to have a better quality of life by spending more time as a family... Choices choices choices..
I have to agree to the one thing I found that works. "minimal" on so many levels it's truly rewarding me.
@caopaopao (12641)
Everyone will have countless choices in his life. As long as it is good for the family and children, it is the right choice.
Just don't start too many "small businesses" at one time. Go step by step.
@Peach10 (1933)
Right choice. Family comes first. Hope your business prosper!
@sw8sincere (5201)
i'm glad you made your family as your first choice. I hope everything goes smooth with your life which I am certain with that small business you plan to have,. Take care my friend.
These decisions are so difficult. My husband retired a few years early and no sooner had he done so than the share market crashed and our superannuation was quite affected. But it's all been fine really and we've thoroughly enjoyed the few extra years of retirement. Good luck with whatever you decide.
I wouldn't give up the full time job yet. Rather, I'd wait and see if I can balance both work and family life.
@id_peace (7631)
What do you have in mind?
Wishing you all the best with the changes in your life