Can a long distance work?

Can you have a long distance relationship? What will be a deal breaker? How long is too long not seeing them will become an issue? Can you be faithful? Just curious..
I was in a long distance relationship for five years. It didn't work in the end because he wasn't able to immigrate to my country. We visited each other a couple of time of year and talked for hours on the computer and phone every day. I know people who have been in them longer and others who are now married and living happily together. Things are more difficult when you are from different countries but it can work. We had no problems being faithful to each other in the time we were together.
Yes I believe it can work as long as sometime is spent. Whether its in person or on the phone.
@AKRao24 (14646)
I failed to understand what is this long distance relationship dear friend? I will be happy if you can elaborate it for me! Thanks @Mommyslife !
Just a general question. long distance meaning from halfway across the world from you.
@AKRao24 (14646)
@Mommyslife , This thing is something unheard in my country in general...as most of us are firm believers in our traditions and customs...may be some modern youths of this time may have any idea about this ! Thanks!
It is possible but not easy as finally one shall give up his/her life to go to another new place with his/her love.
I was in one for about two years. Space was not an issue since we flew back and forth to each ohter. His pride got in the way when he lost his job. Instead of telling me he went beyond boundaries when he lost his home. I left.
I've been in an almost 8 year long distance relationship, and never once been unfaithful. Both people have to want it to work, and have to be able to deal with the tough spots instead of giving up.