An Eventful Day and Garage Sales

Green Bay, Wisconsin
When I left to do laundry at my son's this morning, I noticed many rummage/garage sale signs, and one estate sale sign. It must be opening weekend for garage sales. It seems everyone who wants one is having one today. It makes me wonder how many of them will see good sales with so many options to choose from. Are you seeing an increase in garage sales in your area now that the weather is nice or nicer? Other than garage sales, today was the day for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to tie the knot. They are now the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Yes, I was up to watch it this morning. Today is also the Preakness Stakes, the second jewel in the Triple Crown. That will be in a couple hours my time, and I'm hoping to watch Justify win the second of three jewels in the Triple Crown. An eventful day on both sides of the pond. Though I have to say, it was more beautiful in London than it is here where more rain is expected. The sun is shining at the moment, but wasn't when I left for my son's earlier. How was/is your day? Did you see the wedding? How's your weather? Thanks for reading.
Raining all day, but the wedding was beautiful.
@WriterAI (5237)
• Bulgaria
Raining little here, agree: the wedding was beautiful.
@Kandae11 I'm sorry it's raining all day there. Yes, it was beautiful.
@WriterAI I'm sorry it's raining by you. I agree, the wedding was beautiful.
Rain, rain and more rain. Depressing weather.
@WriterAI (5237)
• Bulgaria
@marlina I hope you see the end of it soon.
@just4him Stopped now, thanks
I slept till noon, no wedding. Yes it is time for yard sales. However, I always did best when I had mine the first weekend of the month. Its rare I shop at yard sales anymore since I have so much stuff already. Its sunny so far and in the 80`s. Have a wonderful Saturday evening.
@WriterAI (5237)
• Bulgaria
Thanks a lot. The similar to you.
I usually don't shop garage sales, and didn't today either. I think that's when most people have money on the first week of the month.
@kobesbuddy (55169)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We saw parts if the wedding and our weather is rainy today. Jay went to the city to shop, I chose to stay home, where it's nice and warm. Running around in the rain, isn't my cup of tea:(
Not mine either. It cleared up nice here. The sun is shining, but I know there is more rain on the way.
@kobesbuddy (55169)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him I think we're suppose to get more rain tonight.
@kobesbuddy We did when I looked at the weather when I got up. Sun is shining now.
We are on the way to a wedding ourselves. It just stopped raining.
I'm glad the rain stopped, and I hope you have a good time.
@just4him it is raining again.
@NJChicaa I hope it cleared up and the sun came out.
It's noon here! Not much planned just probably going to do some organizing and cleaning. There aren't many garage sales in my area and I didn't watch the wedding. The weather is quite gloomy here. Have a good day :) Hope you find something nice at the garage sales if you go.
Didn't go. I don't need anything at the moment. Have fun organizing and cleaning.
@just4him Oh I see :) that is fine. Hope you had a wonderful weekend
@infatuatedbby I did. Thank you.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Today is a little cooler outside again which is nice. Did not watch the wedding as had no desire too. Just sitting here posting and catching up for a bit.
I'm glad you're having a nice day.
It's raining here, but that stop Doodles from going outside to look for chipmunks. The bad boy! I just checked the gown, hair, and makeup, since I'm not interested in the wedding. They were a disappointment to me. We don't have any tag sales going on around here, but I should have one. We're going out to dinner with our dear friends tonight. I spent hours getting ready, but am too early. I'll run back upstairs to get dressed and put on the finishing touches.
I did like her gown, but thought it was a bit plain for a royal wedding. I thought she looked very pretty though. I'm glad Doodles is doing okay. I hope you had a good night out with friends.
@just4him She's a very pretty girl, and I agree about the dress. Doodles still has something going on with his right paw. They said it has something to do with the spurt of blood his heart is pushing out. At least he still hunts and tries to mooch food. Good signs.Thanks. We always have fun with our friends and the restaurant never lets us down.
@DianneN I'm sorry Doodles is having trouble with his paw. I'm glad it's not slowing him down though. That's a good thing. I'm glad you had an enjoyable evening with your friends.
I painted a wall, but did see bits of the wedding. I think I will watch the entire event tonight.
They're going to have it on again?
@just4him Quite a few channels are airing it. I guess for those of us who missed it.
@Corbin5 I looked it up and saw it was on CBS. I thought about watching it again, but I stayed here instead. It was a lovely ceremony.
Cold and raining.
Not a very nice spring day.
@just4him yes not very good.Tomorrow rain but a bit warmer?
@amadeo I hope it is warmer, then the rain won't seem so bad.
@WriterAI (5237)
• Bulgaria
I saw the wedding and I post about it on myLot. You could read my posts about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. My watch party was from Sofia, Bulgaria. I have to write a lot about this great event. It was sunny in Windsor - a nice day. Here it was cloudy and rainy. I will go on with my posts about the Royal Wedding on myLot. I am mylotting about this British Royal event that is probably one of the most famous ones during our 21st century. Concerning garage sales - there aren't such here in our area. We have only flee market but recently we sell our items via Internet sites and Facebook groups.
I read one of your posts. Yes, it was beautiful weather there, and the wedding was also beautiful.
@WriterAI (5237)
• Bulgaria
@just4him Thanks a lot! You are always welcome to my posts!
@porwest (7368)
I am never into that whole royal wedding stuff. Part of it, I suppose, is that the whole idea of a monarchy is SOOO unAmerican it boggles the mind why any American would be so interested in it. Granted, the royal family has essentially no power anymore. But when they did, it was NOT a dictatorship, but was pretty darn close. In any event, that's just my two cents and I fault no one for enjoying their moment. It's still a wedding. As for my day, just got back to the hotel momentarily to freshen up a bit and the wife wanted to take a short nap...so I am just MyLotting a bit.
I agree the monarchy is unAmerican, but I find it interesting that an American married a prince and an English one at that. I enjoyed your two cents worth. Sounds like you're having fun on your trip if your wife is all tired out and needs a nap.
@porwest (7368)
@just4him She was wore out. lol
It's a soggy rainy day here and I caught some snippets of the Royal wedding throughout the day. After getting some things done around the house I have been working on my crafts this afternoon. It's been too rainy to see if there were any local yard sales
From what I saw of the Preakness, it looked pretty rainy on the east coast. They had heavy fog for the race. I hope you've dried out. We've got rain at the moment.
@Icydoll (24627)
Weather is as usual hot...we want much needed rain
I hope you get it.
I had no interest in that wedding. The weather is overcast gloomy. An ordinary day here.
A lot of people didn't. I'm sorry your day is gloomy.
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Not lately. But I bet I would see some soon on my block. I saw part of the wedding--recorded it before I woke up and when I went shopping. Me too! I've been taking it easy today and feeling a bit better than yesterday. Cool and now rainy.
This is the first time I'm seeing the signs too. The wedding was lovely. I'm glad you're taking it easy and feeling better. I also hope it stops raining and gives you a beautiful rest of your day.
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@just4him Thanks Valerie. It did stop raining an hour it did and the sun came out. No rainbow though. The wedding was beautiful.
@KristenH I'm glad it stopped raining. I haven't seen many rainbows in the last couple years. Yes, it was very beautiful.
The wedding was beautiful the entire program was boring. I fast forward to the wedding. I did see what looks like Sarina I think falling asleep. The tennis star. lol
I enjoyed it. I like weddings. I watched William and Kate's wedding too back when they got married. People either watched it or they didn't.
@just4him I am not into weddings and I am sure it's due to mine and how it failed. I am truly happy to imagine one day mine again. But this was truly beautiful.
@sharon6345 I know mine also failed, but I have always loved weddings. I hope one day I'll be married again. It was a beautiful wedding.
@cintol (7744)
I haven't seen too many sales in our neighborhood but from what I gather you must get a permit from the city to have a sale so maybe many don't bother. Its raining and thundering out today so not going to be much going on but hangin around the house.
@cintol That's the way it should be.
@cintol (7744)
@just4him Thats what I am thinking as well, it made it much easier
@MsBooklover (4097)
It has been raining for so many days not that nobody has had garage sales that I know of. I got to see bits and pieces of the wedding on my pc. What I was able to view was enjoyable. My apartment has been so cold considering the time of the year. I am back to working every day...I am just happy for a nap.
I'm sure you were ready for a nap. I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding, what you saw of it. I hope it stops raining by you soon. We have rain at the moment, but supposed to be nice tomorrow.
@just4him We have had rain for two weeks. Today...we did not have any for the first time. When it rains, it blows pollen into the pool. When I was testing the pool tonight, I could see all this pollen in there.
@MsBooklover That must be hard to take care of.
@HazySue (23054)
*I am seeing an increase in garage sales. It seems everyone is trying to make a bit of money. I saw a little of the wedding. It is overcast and raining here. We are watching old movies and relaxing.
Old movies are always fun to watch. I agree, now that the weather is nicer, people want to get rid of the old - part of the spring cleanup, I'm sure. I watched most of the wedding, turning it on at 4 and turning it off after it was over, when it went to commercials. I really enjoyed it.
@HazySue (23054)
@just4him It looked like a beautiful wedding.
@HazySue I thought so too.