Makes Me Mad as Hell

@nanette64 (17470)
Fairfield, Texas
Everybody here knows that I'm a critter lover. One thing that sets me off more than anything is hitting an animal with a vehicle. I realize that there are some circumstances where out of the clear blue that a squirrel, rabbit, or something of that nature will literally scramble out across the road and it's too late to stop. HOWEVER....#1; you DO NOT deliberately do it. #2; if it is already dead, you DO NOT deliberately drive across its body and #3; you don't go out of your way to deliberately hit it. Example: yesterday when I was coming home from town, I spotted a Turtle in the road. I stopped the car, put my flashers on, got out of the car so I could move it to the side of the road. As I got to it, I realized that someone had deliberately hit it. It's shell was cracked open and it's innards were hanging out of his body and the saddest part was that he was still alive. I picked him up as gingerly as I could and carried him over to the ditch. Whoever did that should have the hell beat out of them. Let's face it....it's not like the turtle RAN across the road in front of a vehicle. Turtles pick up on vibration, so if there was a vehicle approaching, he would have stopped and pulled his head inside of the shell and waited. So whoever did it; did it on PURPOSE!!!!! I was so upset and there wasn't anything I could do for him because he was hurt so badly.
People are cruel, I am usually kind, but I would kill those who deliberately hurt animals.
@vandana7 (63566)
Yeah...me too. To be fair, I would kill rats.
@vandana7 I do not even kill rats, not even snakes.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
You and me together @LadyDuck .
@FourWalls (13273)
I brake for animals. It hurts me so much to see a squirrel hit. I've hit a couple of animals in my time, and I've literally cried over it.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
Me too @FourWalls and it's horrifying.
@WorDazza (10042)
• Manchester, England
Mrs WorDazza and I once got verbally abused because we stopped traffic on a country road to allow frogs to cross to their spawning pond. I ended up picking them up and carrying a lot of them because some idiot was getting seriously irate. I sarcastically thanked him for his patience when the frogs were safely across. He didn't pick up on the sarcasm!!
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
Bless you and the Mrs heart @WorDazza . You did the right thing and SCREW the jerk.
When the time has come that frogs start marching to their spawning ponds, people belonging to a nature organisation put up small fences along the roads. At night they come with torches, collect all the frogs which sit at the fences, put them into buckets and carry them across the roads.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
@MALUSE Oh how cool is that!!!!! What a terrific idea.
That's sad. I remember seeing a guy stopped in the middle of the road once, and it wasn't until I got up close that I realized he was moving a turtle out of the road. I appreciate that.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
Now that was a great guy @AmbiePam .
@SAM774 (3685)
That's so bad
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
And if we use the term human-kind or humanity; humans don't fit the description @SAM774 .
@nela13 (5950)
• Portugal
I feel the same when I see an animal hurt it breaks my heart. Some people are really cruel and deserve a lot of bad things.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
Maybe 'they' need to get run over @nela13 . Paybacks are a bi*ch.
@nela13 (5950)
• Portugal
@nanette64 How can someone be so cruel? Do you know what happened to the poor turtle?
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
@nela13 I went back by there yesterday and couldn't find where I had left him. I'm assuming a coyote or something else ate him.
@dgobucks226 (11451)
I remember having a bird fly into my car I felt so bad. My friend had 2 of her cats run over by kids speeding through their neighborhood. Now that is criminal in my view. My natural instinct is to immediately brake for animals.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, I think the bird would be the toughest to predict @dgobucks226 . I always break too. And with people on their cell phones all the time; they ain't paying attention to nothing.
@dgobucks226 (11451)
@nanette64 Good point about the cell phones. We live in a society of distractions!!!!
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
@dgobucks226 Boy ain't that the truth.
There are a lot of sick people in this world of ours who delight in harming the most innocent creatures on this earth. And, humans can think up such a wide variety of ways to do that harm. I keep an eye out for geese because they change their minds when crossing and they actually match the gray color of the roads here. As for squirrels, that takes skill to not hit those mind-changing little critters. So far, not a goose or squirrel hit by me.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah those little squirrelies are totally unpredictable. You 'think' they're gonna keep running in the direction they started BUT THEN, the dingle-berries turn back. @Corbin5 .
@nanette64 I do believe they suffer from ADHD or ADD. A little Adderall or Ritalin would fix that.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 Oh heck no. They are the Driver's Training Corp. They just want to see if you read the Drivers Manual.
Oh, that breaks my heart! I love animals, too. People who purposely hurt animals should be hung!
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
And I just happen to have a rope too @DianneN .
@nanette64 Makes ya want to use it!
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
@DianneN You got that right.
Mike save a turtle the other day.While walking the dog he noticed this.Brought Ms.Ruby home as he went out again facing traffic to save this wonderful turtle and he did.Picked him up and brought it near a brook at the the back of the old library. This is not the first time.We had one in our driveway.What a beauty.Yep Mike saved him and to the brook. Gotta love that man.lol
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
Bless his heart @amadeo . Now that's what I call a good man.
@nanette64 thank you.Yes we try to save a much as possible
@xiaolisu (1217)
i bet i wouldn't dare to buried a blood creature .i just wondering why i can kill fish. maybe i just think it's a food for plate.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
It's a lot tougher when it comes down to food or the critter @xiaolisu .
@skydancer (1985)
Ugh! I am by no means one of those hippie animal rights activists. However, I cannot STAND animal cruelty. One job I could never have is roadkill cleanup... it would just be way, way, WAY too upsetting.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh I agree, that job would be extremely distressing @skydancer . I'd be bawling all the time.
Aw poo poo BUT you have done something about this: you have raved empathically to those who pay less attention then they should when operating a motor vehicle. As I read your post line for line the emotional implications were vivid so you have made a point, a very good one as for the turtle--well he will make someone up in heaven some good soup AND if that person cannot stand turtle soup, well that is a hell story huh ?
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
@UncleJoe (9731)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I try to avoid all animal in the road unless I'm planning to eat them.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh lordy @UncleJoe ; what am I gonna do with you.
We see so many turtles crossing the road . We even saw one yesterday and I was praying that it made it across.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
I hope he did too @Tampa_girl7 .
• Bucharest, Romania
That is sad
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
And it happens all the time @Cristi_Ichim .
@vandana7 (63566)
Now...I use all my voodoo powers to hurt the person who is so careless and so evil...abracadabra..let the person realize...regret, repent, transform.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
OR strap him to the road while I drive over him @vandana7 .