Not a Fun in the Sun Day

Happy Monday everyone! It's a holiday here in the US and it's a day to honor those who fought and died to keep our country free. It's easy to forget those who died for our country and concentrate on the holiday part which usually is the kickoff to summer. Beaches open, parades, barbecues and fireworks. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are enjoying any one of those activites but it's a cloudy day here with no sun and it looks like rain. No party here today. I"m just as happy that I wasn't invited anywhere nor having company. I'm happy to just relax and enjoy the day. Some of my neighbors must be having company because I can see them getting their yards set up with tables, chairs and umbrellas. Those umbrellas won't be protecting them from the sun but maybe from the rain. Are you partying today?
No. Its rainy and with wind, sometimes gusting. I never really had a party for today. I used to cook something at night and just go fishing. But now I can`t do that, to many people "playing" on boats, most of them drunk. I will stay home or just ride to th store.
Drunks can really ruin things
No party,weather sucks,etc.It has been a horrible two days.Sunday and today
Same here
@Marilynda1225 Have a good evening
Nope, no partying here. Though I never party. Lol. And I've never thought of this weekend as a party weekend either. Too many focus on that and it's sad to me.
It's a big beach weekend generally and too much traffic . My neighbors are having a bbq but so far it's tame
@Marilynda1225 not too much traffic here, though there will be in general between now and labor day. as this is a huge tourist place.
No partying here. My husband is working and my older kids are swimming. I hope you have a good, relaxing day. =)
Glad it's nice enough for the kids to go swimming and you aren't affected by that storm. It's been a quiet day here but I have no complaints
No partying here today, it was just another working day. But we did enjoy a wonderful holiday Monday a week ago. I hope that you relaxed to the max and stayed dry.
It was a very enjoyable day overall. Tomorrow back to the daily routine
@Marilynda1225 We need to have an outdoor tsp hooked up, until then I'm running outside and watering the new flowers that were just planted over the weekend. We don't want them to shrivel up and die from the heat. But seriously, there are so many of them, and I keep on running in and out to refill my watering can. And trying to pick a time when nobody will call in so that its safe to leave the phone for a few minutes. Remember those days?
What happened to your Plan B? Our guests just left and we had a wonderful time. My hubs and I also went to the parade in our little town where we did volunteer work.
Plan B was a fizzle lol so I gave up and just had a relaxing day
@Marilynda1225 Lol! Relaxing is good, too. I must schedule one myself in July or so. I NEED one badly.
It's miserable in Melbourne and it has been raining overnight. Not sure what the day has in store for us.
Seems like bad weather is bothering many of us
@Marilynda1225 It was a very pleasant day here although it is now drizzling.
@HazySue (21364)
We would like to, we had planned to bbq but the weather has decided to raise it's ugly head. So....we are cooking inside and we are going to enjoy ourselves anyway.
I think many people are going to be cooking inside because of the weather
@HazySue (21364)
@Marilynda1225 I am sure they are.
We are at my cousin's house. Her husband is grilling the food. In a few minutes we will be ready to eat.
Sounds like fun...enjoy!
Happy Memorial day and, no party here, just getting ready to watch wrestling.
Enjoy your wrestling
I am just happy to be at home. It is very hot, 98 degrees, and I am not a fan of hot. Visited Dad, age 97, and Sis and I sat outside with him yesterday and today for a while. Dad used to not like the heat at all, but at age 97, today felt good to him.
Wow that's pretty hot for this time of year isn't it? Glad you were able to visit your dad
I went to a Memorial Day ceremony.
Enjoy your relaxing day.
Hope you had a good day too and didn't work too hard
@oahuwriter (2323)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
No, it's always been a quiet giving prayers of thanks to the military past, present and future. A quiet day at home waiting to watch the news on the day.
@Courage7 (6033)
Not in the least partying here..but I hope your day is super.
Happy Memorial Day - and I hope it doesn't rain.
@mlgen1037 (29643)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Marilyn. We dont have parties here for Memorial day. But I like it here quiet and peaceful.
@porwest (4856)
We just went to my sister and brother in law's house and had a BBQ. But we do of course also fully understand the meaning of the day. Thank God for our heroes who gave up all to allow us to enjoy a day to gather together as family.
It was a regular Monday here, we had rain and then sun and hot and humid. I hope you did not get rain.
No partying for me, like you just trying to relax. Seems like we escaped the rain.