What is an incident that changed your life?

@august18 (3763)
Tunisia
All my life, I used to be the most snobbish girl in the entire world. I went around people bragging about things that I had while other people didn't like my level of education, my social status ect. Then one day, I lost all that. That's when I knew that nothing is guaranteed in life and I decided to change who I am. What about you guys ? What is an incident that changed your life?
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
It was when my family and I had an accident on the day of my sisteeā€™s baptism. Though I was young then but I was aware of what happened. It was the day I realized that life is not to be taken fir granted.
@august18 (3763)
• Tunisia
Yes, it shouldn't my friend. A valuable lesson indeed.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
@august18 Indeed. Thank you, dear.
It was the moment I accepted Jesus as my Savior and Lord. It was life changing.
@august18 (3763)
• Tunisia
I believe He changed the lives of many other people, too. All you have to do is trust him.
@august18 I agree.
@Starmaiden (7339)
There were many. One that stands out is my first pregnancy. I started having epileptic seizures in my sleep when I was pregnant with her and they continued all through the pregnancy and for a number of years afterward. I had to change my whole way of living and until I had the surgery that corrected my epilepsy I had to live with my parents under supervision. It was a very depressing time of my life. The surgery changed my life yet again. I was able to regain my independence.
@august18 (3763)
• Tunisia
That must be very depressing indeed. I'm happy you were able to recover from it.
@FayeHazel (19039)
I think snobbish is a mistake of youth most often. I'm happy that you saw the importance of changing that aspect.
@august18 (3763)
• Tunisia
You're right. Thankfully, now I'm the most humble person you could ever meet.
@FayeHazel (19039)
@august18 Life seems so much more rewarding when one is humbled :-)
Almost two years ago my husband needed upper back surgery. He had bone spurs pressing into his spinal cord, which could have crippled him. He's not 100% better, yet, but it was an eye opener and made me realize that good health is the most important thing we could have.
@august18 (3763)
• Tunisia
I'm sorry to hear that. You must have had a very difficult time. I, too believe that good health is one of the most precious gifts God can give you.
@august18 Thank you. It was an awful time, but not as bad as other things could be.
@sugartoes (41946)
• Greencastle, Indiana
back in 07 we lost everything from the hurricanes & housing bubble that failed that took our 3 yr old home & 3 acres with no where to call home in a matter of weeks our income dropped like a rocket as soon as hubby retired just b-4 all the other happened. We ended up living in a 1 man camper for 2 yrs & got ripped off more ways that you know we kept going & after 2 yrs we moved up here & things were no better for like 5 yrs later.
@august18 (3763)
• Tunisia
Same here. It took me five years to get my life back on track again.