A question for smokers

@LeaPea2417 (21563)
Toccoa, Georgia
I do not smoke. I tried it a little bit in College back in the 80s, but it always left a bad taste in my mouth, so I was able to stop and not become addicted to it. I have a relative who smokes a lot and one thing I have noticed is anytime the person eats a meal, always, right after the meal, he has to smoke a cigarette. And then I remember some years ago, one of my neighbors saying how hard it was for her to quit smoking because she loved that cigarette after a meal. Why do smokers have to smoke after eating a meal?
@sabtraversa (13329)
Because it feels strange to have the mouth taste like something that is not an ashtray. Or it's almost like a dessert at the end of the meal, some people just NEED it.
now that's just funny.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
Hmmm... I thought we were friends, Sabrina?
@sabtraversa (13329)
@mlgen1037 What have I done?
@mandala100 (48334)
Human being is a creatures of habit my friend and it becomes part of their habit mentally and physically. I quitted smoking almost 15 years ago as most of here knows and i used to smoked back then 3 packs a day my friend.
Three packs s day, how on Earth did you quit. That's s lot
@rakski (20884)
@mandala100 Wow! I say good for you! It is hard but you made it! Why did you choose to stop?
@LeaPea2417 (21563)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@mandala100 I am very glad you quit smoking. You added years to your life by doing so.
I'll be interested in the responses too. Smoking does seem to be an extremely addictive habit.
@LeaPea2417 (21563)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, it is very addicting.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
I smoke nut only occasionally. Well, it depends on each person.
I heard from a friend who is a smoker claimed that it makes him feel relax when smoking after eating a meal.
@chicnthin (2834)
I don't have any idea
@rakski (20884)
I dont smoke. I tried but I cant. Smoking is habit forming and addicting.
I've noticed that some smoke after eating, but never noticed that with my two uncles and my aunt.