ADVICE FOR APPROACHING MID-LIFE?

Cape Town, South Africa
As I approach my mid-thirties I realize that I have accomplished much in life. I have the family I always wanted, a partner that compliments me fully, a career I always set out to excel in and all in all a relatively comfortable financial life. This has led me to put things into perspectives as I head towards my inevitable mid-life. In your view and based on your experiences where applicable, what advice can you give me to help me along what many of my friends refer to as the "most challenging part" of my life? I value and appreciate your responses. Kindly note that I will be a bit slow in replying to your comments as I have an extremely hectic weekend music performance schedule that will sadly, take up much from my time which I would rather gladly enjoy with yourselves.
@Starmaiden (6585)
Mid 30's? You're still a spring chicken! They say life begins at 40 and for me it did. Real life that is. I lost everything I worked for including my relationships with my daughters. Every aspect of my life was up in the air and only I could decide what to do with the fallen pieces. I chucked them out and began building my life around another path. One that led me to my stronger, wiser self. I am still working on regaining my relationships with my girls. The trust hasn't been entirely reinstated but we are building it up again together. Here is something I learned along the way. Just when you believe you have everything you ever wanted, the universe gives you what you actually need. To be honest, what you need contributes to your highest good more than anything you could ever want. Just my thoughts.
Since your life is as you want it be, seems you have no struggles, I can't offer you any advice.
• Cape Town, South Africa
@Starmaiden Firstly thank you for the age compliment (haven't been called THAT in a while). Secondly, people such as you keep me level-headed as your experiences and advice is definitely taken to heart. I pray that your relationship with your daughters will be mended completely some day as the relationship between mothers and their daughters are some of the most special bonds in existence. You do make a valid point that I have a lot in life still to experience and to be honest, your subtle warnings have hit me at the core - What do I do when I face similar battles, am I equipped to deal with that on an emotional and/or spiritual level?
@notewise777 Only you can know the answer to that. The first act of prevention is to not worry about it. Especially now because what you focus on now will manifest in the future. Have no fear for the future. You may skim right through it unscathed.
Mid life at mid thirty , still young.There is much more ahead.
• Cape Town, South Africa
@CookieMonster46 Oh believe me when I say - I KNOW. I have had many mirrors as examples of how quickly things can change hence my request from those in the know-how.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I wish I could be in my 30's again that went by so fast I forgot what it is like to be that age again, but here's what I have to say about mid life crisis you have your 20's you have your 50's & your over the hill after that cause it's either all good or it's all bad & time to change things up 2-B-better other wise just go with the flow & be happy what you got or fix whats wrong.
• Cape Town, South Africa
@sugartoes Thank you for your valued feedback - you do make quite a few good points
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@notewise777 well for someone that's in her 60's if I don't know anything by now I won't NEVER know
• Cape Town, South Africa
@sugartoes Ah - the advice of elders...I will definitely heed to all given
I had a very tough start to life...being homeless, having major financial hardships, miscarriages, moving so many times I can't count that high and many other "tough" things according to the worlds standards. However, my life completely turned around for the amazing when I really found Jesus last year!! I have realized I put way too much focus on myself and "material matters" rather than what truly matters! Now I am more focused on my relationship with Jesus, showing others His love and my life is a much happier one now. So, I know now my faith will get me through anything and will make me happier than anything else!
• Cape Town, South Africa
@LovingMyBabies Wow, a true living testimony of what can be achieved with faith and perseverance - I salute you my friend and thank you so much for sharing. Have a good week ahead.
@notewise777 God is so amazing! Thank you for reading it and thank you for this discussion. =) I hope you have a great week as well!! Every day is amazing with Jesus!
• Cape Town, South Africa
@LovingMyBabies Amen to that - you too my friend
@chavezrmc (5736)
As what you have stated, I guess you already have a good life in all aspect of it. So what you have to do just maintain what you have and never lose your time for yourself as well and of course your family. Time spent will never be recovered. You are right there will still be things coming and we don't know if it brings positive effect but always remember, that's what life is. And we just have to keep our faith that whatever happens we can have the strength and knowledge to overcome everything with flying colors.
• Cape Town, South Africa
@chavezrmc Wow, powerful words my friend - I will do my best to follow your advice as set out above. Thank you for your insightful advice
@dwstory (1114)
Put some money aside in savings for any emergencies that may come up.
• Cape Town, South Africa
@dwstory Done - It's the one thing I have inherently done from my teen years to my present married life - Thank you though, for your wise advice.
@sw8sincere (4663)
I guess my advice for you is just to live life to the fullest. Be happy.. each moment counts. Also, feel young. Age is just a number.
• Cape Town, South Africa
You're so right about that - Thank you for your valued response dear friend
@Shiva49 (13391)
I am past middle age. Except for the time I was a student, without earning, I managed to have stability even in uncertain times. My general approach was total sincerity, frankness, and not letting down others. These ensured I had control over my affairs and life in general - siva
• Cape Town, South Africa
@Shiva49 I will do my best to follow your wise advice - Do enjoy your week ahead dear friend.