Odd animals: Javelina

@FayeHazel (17093)
Did you know about a Javelina? I didn't until yesterday. I had went to an art fair - and someone who is an intuitive suggested that I shared qualities with the Javelina. I had no idea what it is, so I looked it up. While I don't know how I like being compared to a Javelina - I did discover some interesting facts about this odd critter. One could describe it's appearance as a cute, small pig. Though it isn't in the same family as the common pig. It's in the family called Peccary. *I don't know what that is, either* Javelinas are also called "Skunk Pig" - as they smell strong due to scent glands on their backs. So none of this is too flattering - however - Javelina are active at night, prefer hot climates, scrounge around for food, and generally peaceful - unless threatened. Well - those things seem to fit me well, except I scrounge at thrift stores and garage sales and not dumpsters. So, I don't know if I share too much in common with the Javelina - I don't know what the "energy intuitive" meant by it all. But - it lead me to learning more about an animal I didn't know exists. Some information verified at Wikipedia and the article from Arizona Leisure listed below :
Javelina aren't wild pigs but are actually members of the 'peccary' family that originated in South America. Javelina have become accustomed to being in close proximity to humans and will generally ignore people.
I hadn't heard of a javelina either although I'm familiar with the peccary. I'd pick out the 'good' qualities if I were you.
I have never heard of a Javelina. Sounds like an interesting critter.
@saritflor (2242)
• Israel
I guess there are plenty of animals I never knew they were even exist thanks for sharing this, how interesting.
@mlgen1037 (23748)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Faye. This is the first time I have heard of those animals. They look interesting for me.
@dgobucks226 (11451)
In picking out your similarities to the Javelina you might want to go easy on the sweat glands
@porwest (3947)
Interesting animal, but yes. Not sure how I might receive the comparison.
I'm coming over to smell your back! Yes, I've heard about them.
never heard of it but there are many animals that we don't know about. Did you know the Dumbo Octopus, no not a joke.
They sound like a very interesting animal. I hadn't heard of it before either, though I did find this statement from the article interesting, and could even be applied to me. They have become accustomed to being in close proximity to humans and will generally ignore people. If you try and approach them. they will simply leave the area, but if provoked and threatened they've been known to defend themselves with their long, sharp tusks. I tend to ignore people and leave if there are a lot of people, especially people I don't know or have anything in common with. As for being threatened, I can defend myself, though it's usually verbally.
@moffittjc (42031)
• Gainesville, Florida
I've never heard of this animal, but apparently it's pretty common in Arizona. Maybe I've never heard of it because I live in Florida! lol
Very interesting about them and, thanks for sharing.
@UncleJoe (9731)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Well, that's certainly a lot better than some of the animals I'VE been compared to.
I also have not heard of this. thank you for sharing/
I'm not sure that's a good thing, either.. But this was interesting!
They look like the wild hogs here.