“longestDAY?”

@ridingbet (53060)
Today is the birthday of the favorite granddaughter of my father. When Maan was born, my father would always say, with much love, “Maan ku!” (My Maan). I also remember that June 21st is the longest day of the year, and this was explained to me by mylotter @LadyDuck, to which I appreciate much for being patient with me; me who has an inquiring mind. The longest night I believe will be in December. If it will be on the 22nd, then it is the night before my only sister’s birthday. Do you have any beliefs regarding the longest day of the year?
@rakski (16190)
How come it is the longest day? @LadyDuck is very nice, she gives a lot of input and she answers question from inquisitive mind
NO, it's not "the longest day". I wrote a post to explain
@ridingbet It is a wrong way to explain things, all the days last 24 hours, how can people say that this day is longer, it last 24 hours as all the other days. This is the day with the longest daylight hours.!
@Icydoll (19808)
@LadyDuck well explained Anna.
@hereandthere (31110)
i think most in our country don't since our days and nights are generally equal.
@ridingbet (53060)
i don't think so. 5pm should already be a sunset time, but the sun is still at 30 degrees angle from the west.
@ridingbet but the difference is not by several hours
@stbrians (15145)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Same here
I am going to post a discussion. NO it's not the longest day, you will read what I write
@ridingbet (53060)
thank you. another discussion from you about the topic will furthermore increase my knowledge about it.
@ridingbet I know the way many explain this can sound confusing.
@ridingbet (53060)
@LadyDuck your describing the fact is clearly understood; besides if i ask a question, right there and then, i receive a response from you immediately
@aureliah (16150)
I always learn something from @Ladyduck. She posted the areas with the longest daylight
Thank you, I am glad if you found my post interesting.
@ridingbet (53060)
yes that is true. for me personally, she is a force to reckon with. she clears up a vague discussion.
@ridingbet Thank you Ingrid.
@magallon (18090)
i have no idea that today is the longest day of the year... thanks for the info... and happy birthday to your father's favorite granddaughter...
@ridingbet (53060)
thanks for the greeting. that was what was taught to us when we were in our elementary grades and even in high school. with the detailed explanation of @LadyDuck, i now know the truth about 'the longest day'.
@magallon (18090)
@ridingbet longest day was discussed last night in a TV news...
@ridingbet (53060)
@magallon the explanation of @LadyDuck for me is better to understand. but i have not watched the news on TV; was that from the 'kapamilya' or 'kapuso'?
@Berrygal (4410)
Happy birthday to her
@ridingbet (53060)
thank you.
I think all the birthdays and special holidays are the longest days for me.
@ridingbet (53060)
yes they are. but how about the demise of some persons close to you? do you consider those longest days, kabsat? for me, if possible, it should be the shortest days.
@ridingbet It could be.lol Well, I am always with them and no time limit to my immediate family.
@ridingbet (53060)
@Shavkat the Ilocano trait of being family-oriented. i like that.
@Starmaiden (5934)
On this day the sun reaches it's highest point in the Northern hemisphere sky. From the lattitude where I live (in Atlantic Canada) we will experience 16 hrs of daylight, making it the longest day and shortest night of the year. The northernmost lattitudes, (Arctic Circle to North Pole) will experience 24 hrs of daylight. Pretty fascinating.
@ridingbet (53060)
wow, 16 hours of having the mighty sun shining brightly in your place. i wonder if you get drowsy waiting for the nightfall?
@ridingbet No. I'm usually watching for it so I can check what time it occurs. (On the Solstice only) Days will be getting shorter again beginning Friday.
@ridingbet (53060)
@Starmaiden it is now 4:45PM here but the sun is still up high so i guess the evening here will be at 7PM.
@mlgen1037 (29654)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi po, Ingrid. The longest day means that we have longer night than morning? I am quite confused.
@ridingbet (53060)
that was what was taught to us when i was studying still hija. our teachers said June 21 is the longest day and December 22 is the longest night. with the explanations of some here, i now realize the real meaning of this phenomenon
@mlgen1037 (29654)
• Manila, Philippines
@ridingbet Me as well. I do not remember learning that in school too or maybe I was not paying too much attention to the lesson.
Sum shines longest on this day.
@ridingbet (53060)
thank you. that was well-explained by some members.
@stbrians (15145)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Days are sometimes longer than nights but all days have 24 hours
@ridingbet (53060)
well understood.
@stbrians (15145)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@ridingbet happy birthday Maan
@caopaopao (8621)
Happy birthday to the little girl!
@ridingbet (53060)
thank you.
@caopaopao (8621)
@ridingbet You are welcome.
@Starmaiden (5934)
This photo I had taken this evening at 10:04pm. The sun had set, but the sky is still bright.
@ridingbet (53060)
i like the image of the night. i think those clouds are still reflecting on the sun light.
Hello @ridingbet OMG I can tell you that when you are using the internet, every hour is fast but with out it every hour is like a day
@ridingbet (53060)
really for you? me, i am not so much in to the internet especially if i am waiting for a TV series that i want to watch, like the replay of Master Chef that i missed last night. i wonder how some here have increasing interactions as if myLot is already their job?
Everyday is the same but the days of summer seem longer because the sun stays later which is nice.
@ridingbet (53060)
thank you for your thoughts. your explanation, though brief, is well- understood.