Is it possible that I am not creative!

@aureliah (19439)
Kenya
It has been long since I posted a discussion here on myLot. I have just been responding to members discussions and clearing my notifications. I try to think hard of what I should post but I end up having a blank mind. Sometimes I wonder whether I'm creative as I always think or not. Should I think this hard to come up with something worth for myLotters to spend time reading?
@myklj999 (19712)
Should I think this hard to come up with something worth for myLotters to spend time reading? Of course, that is your own decision really, but I would say 'No'. It appears to me when I think about something and try to write what I think would be a 'good' discussion, they appear to do much worse than something I just throw out like yesterday's trash.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
That is very true. I also realized that. When I think a discussion will be interesting to many, it turns out to be the opposite but we just have to accept any outcome.
@Icydoll (25777)
Just write the common things on your mind my dear friend..don't think much what to write..no matter how creative we are..one or other day all will run out of topics. Hope to see more posts from you.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Its true that even the most creative run out of ideas. Hahaha you will be seeing some common things posts around
I know for many people they have a hard time finding discussion topics. I've never had that trouble. Maybe because writing is my life.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
probably because you are naturally a writer
@aureliah And have been since I was 8 years old.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
@just4him That something that you should always be proud of. You have done well
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
We're the same.. I always respond to other's post but I rarely post my own discussion.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
I think we should not stress ourselves on what to write
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
@aureliah Hehe!! Yes. I agree with you on that
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
@Jessabuma Thanks
It's a shame you find it so hard to write. People here are interested in all sorts of things because all of us are different. I like to know how people spend their time, what they like to do, what they hate doing - all the little things that make each of us different.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
The problem is when I think about writing something, I find it irrelevant but now I know I can share just about anything. Thanks a lot
@aureliah Sometimes it's the very mundane topics that seem to draw the most interest from people. I don't know why that is but it seems that way to me.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
@JudyEv I have observed that too
@Sojourn (2064)
After my first two posts getting removed by Admin, I don't feel like writing any new post
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Did you go against the rules here?
@Sojourn (2064)
@aureliah No.... but I was a little disappointed when the posts disappeared.... but now I am writing posts again
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
@Sojourn see you around
@aureliah Try and relax and try not to try so hard. Maybe when you go into someone else's post you will come up with something. Maybe look around and think what might be of interest to us and write abut it. It is normal. Many times I cannot think of something to write also. That does not mean that you are not creative. That means that you have writer's block.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Thanks for encouraging me. Posts from other members truly inspires me to come up with something
@aureliah You are welcome.
I am like you, I read many discussions, I write very little. If I have nothing to write I do not care to try hard to post something.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Thats what I have gotten used to. Just reading other peoples' discussions. Its still a good thing
@aureliah This is what I like more, not always I am in the mood of writing.
• Calgary, Alberta
You dont need to be creative. I can give you ideas so you will be able to make discussions. Find some interesting news on the internet. Make a discussion where you express your opinion about the issue and link the article so people will see the source of your opinion. Watch a movie trailer, Go back to Mylot and make a discussion telling us your opinion about the trailer. Oh link the trailer too.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
This is quite helpful. Many thanks
@xstitcher (12711)
• Petaluma, California
I never think to hard about discussions--but then lately I don't really have the time !
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Sometimes its just a challenge to come up with one
@May2k8 (6973)
just pour out what's on your mind and do not be too hard to think about what you want to write. I read more often than responding to people.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Thanks for the info. much appreciated
@RvSinh (228)
Every content is creative for a person if he is keen of reading.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Thats true. Thank you
@josie_ (8018)
Don't overthink it. I use to think the way you do. Now I just write about whatever comes to mind that I find interesting and if others share the same interest then we have a conversation.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Alright thanks for sharing your thoughts. See you around
• French Southern Territories
I do have a writer's block too at times when my mind goes blank and I don't see ideas forming at all. I've yet to create my first discussion on this new account but eventually, I know I will. You shouldn't be thinking too hard to come up with something for myLotters to read. Just keep on answering and you will be inspired for that new post. Have a nice day to you.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Thats true. I actually get inspired from other peoples' discussions
There are so many things that can inspire a discussion. Your photo album for example
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Thats a great tip right there. Thanks
@sol_cee (18077)
• Japan
I think everyone has this moment- when one desperately wants to write something but the brain refuses to cooperate. Hehe
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Yeah. i have been here several times.
@id_peace (7631)
It is actually very common to try and start a thread but not able to continue cos you do not know what you should type.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
yeah but either way its okay as long as we respond to other discussions
@caopaopao (12641)
Look, you've written out a discussion.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Just trying to figure out things
Writing in common things to which people can easily relate makes a nice post here..
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
I have come to learn that
@neelia_lyn (2017)
I also think hard about what to post but I end up commenting on others' discussion instead which I enjoy more. Just post whatever comes to your mind that is interesting, not necessarily creative.
@aureliah (19439)
• Kenya
Thanks I also enjoy going through other peoples' discussions more