Where do you Invest?

Spain
When it comes to investing there are quite a few option out there in the market. Those who require you to have at least $10,000.00 in your bank ready to invest and those who I call "start up" companies that you can start with as little as $5.00. I currently have a very large diversified portfolio. I am not rich by any means but I must admit that Im doing a good job in managing my own portfolio. My question to this discussion is divided in three. Do you believe investing is an important part of your future retirement? Where would/are investing in? What is your goal in investing?
@cttolledo (5051)
Yes! I have an investment with AXA, its a life insurance + investment. I wanna try investing in Retail Treasury Bonds ( RTB) its government bonds and security, so it's safe.
• Spain
life insurance investing is also a good idea. I personally dont like investing with the government as the returns are very minimal. however they are a bit more secure
@cttolledo (5051)
@beatrizguiselle yup minimal but sure. I haven't tried the stock market, Im scared to take risks, though a lot of my officemates are doing it
@cttolledo are your officemates self-taught also, or did they attend a seminar? when will your axa insurance/investment mature?
@iridion9 (10840)
Stock Market is always a good investment. By learning new knowledge is good too. Crypto is good too.
• Spain
On my personal opinion crypto is too volatile, I rather invest in well known and established companies who are also backed by the government.
@beatrizguiselle when you say "i rather invest in well known and established companies who are also backed by the government." could you give some example?
@Jlyn10 (10916)
@beatrizguiselle I agree with you, I also invest in government funds.
@Jlyn10 (10916)
I only invest in government funds cause the yearly dividends are guaranteed. I don't have to worry about checking it every time. I don't really have any goals. I just follow what others do.
are the yearly dividends the same amount or it increases/decreases?
• Spain
thats not a bad investing idea. Having a back up plan is always good.
@Jlyn10 (10916)
@hereandthere Usually increases, so far.
@hereandthere (33039)
how did you learn to invest? can you teach others to invest too?
• Spain
I am a self taught. I have made mistakes and lost money, I have also learned from those mistakes and corrected them. watching the market fluctuation and reading the news on a daily basis has improved my investment moves. I can advise on where to start, but it must be understood that all investment have a risk. this is why it is very important to know when to enter and exit the market.
@Jlyn10 (10916)
@beatrizguiselle it is very important to know when to enter and exit the market Out of curiosity, isn't the market based on each individual's country's market? Sorry but I don't know much about share markets.
• Spain
@Jlyn10 Yes it does matter.
@dya80dya (6474)
I don't invest in anything. I think it's risky.
• Spain
So whats your future retirement plan?
@dya80dya (6474)
@beatrizguiselle I don't have a plan.