We were waiting for news - and it's good news

@boiboing (12517)
Northampton, England
My husband had surgery about 10 days ago. It was a prostate biopsy - a rather nasty procedure where the surgeon takes something like 40 samples out of the organ to look for cancer. We were fairly confident that he'd be fine but we went for the results today and I'm happy to say the doctor confirmed there was nothing interesting in there and he doesn't want to see him again unless his blood tests get to more than double the level they were at. So we're very happy with that. The appointment was 40 minutes late - which sadly means that the guy who went in before us probably didn't get good news. Poor soul. I hope whatever the surgeon found can be treated.
From experience I would suggest that if, at a later date they decide something is needing treatment that you should get a second opinion. I hope whatever symptoms he is having dissipate and do not increase.We have done the prostate biopsy two different times. First time, no treatment, second time they SAID there was cancer to treat, however, if we had it to do over again, we probably would have made another choice.
@Jessabuma (28300)
• Baguio, Philippines
I'm glad to hear that. Congratulations!
Congratulations and jubilations! The tension while waiting is hardly bearable.
@boiboing (12517)
• Northampton, England
We are relieved. He had seen the GP on Friday and asked him if the results were in and the doc had said it looked like good news but you can't relax until you've heard it from the experts.
@boiboing A great weight is off your shoulders now.
@xFiacre (4438)
@boiboing Good news indeed. Not a pleasant test though. Good to know he has an uninteresting prostate.
@boiboing (12517)
• Northampton, England
The biopsy is nasty but hubby says the finger up the bum is no big deal and he doesn't understand why men make such a fuss.
@xFiacre (4438)
@boiboing The fuss is that it’s my bum and some other blokes finger. Last time I met my doctor I made a point of checking out his fingers - they are huge. I must change to a lady doctor, not for anything inappropriate, but for the sake of her fingers being small and nimble.
@boiboing (12517)
• Northampton, England
@xFiacre I did think after I shook hands with the specialist 'I know where those fingers have been'.
@boiboing Now, that was very good news. I am happy for him and for you too.
@boiboing (12517)
• Northampton, England
Thank you
@boiboing You are welcome.
@bagarad (12155)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm happy for you and your husband that the test came back with no cancer found. What a relief that must be!
@boiboing (12517)
• Northampton, England
I was pretty sure he'd be OK but it's good to have it confirmed.
@bagarad (12155)
• Paso Robles, California
@boiboing I felt that way after my husband's last PSA test.
Glad to hear the good news regarding your husband.. Congrats..!!
@boiboing (12517)
• Northampton, England
Thank you anamika. We're very happy.
@boiboing Stay happy, stay blessed!
I am so glad for your husband. Prostate cancer can be treated, but it's never pleasant to know that there is the problem.
@boiboing (12517)
• Northampton, England
Luckily I have a colleague who nagged us all to tell our husbands to get checked over. The colleague had PC and caught it just before it was about to burst out and go on the rampage.
@boiboing I think that now the best is to relax and forget about this big scare. I know how you feel, my husband had the same problem last year and it was nothing.
Thank you for sharing this good news with us. I do hope the fellow who went before did not receive bad news.
@boiboing (12517)
• Northampton, England
Me too.
That is good news
@boiboing (12517)
• Northampton, England
Yes indeed. The best.
@id_peace (6960)
In medical term been boring is good.
@boiboing (12517)
• Northampton, England
Absolutely. I had thyroid cancer 8 years ago and the words 'not interesting' are like music to my ears.
I know that it is such a relief that nothing bad was found.
@boiboing (12517)
• Northampton, England
Absolutely true.
@dya80dya (2961)
I am glad the results were good.
@boiboing (12517)
• Northampton, England
Me too!
Praise God for good news! =) Very glad your husband is cancer free.