Excuse me while I rest

I spent over two hours in the dentist chair. The roots of the tooth are still there. It did not numb well, either. The bleeding has stopped. I am at home. I got the prescription for antibiotics picked up. Hubby is reading a library book and working on connecting for some windshield repairs. He ate his salad from the other day. I made me mashed potatoes. I nearly fell asleep driving home. I am sleepy now too. Excuse me while I take a short nap.
@xFiacre (4438)
@gardengerty Two hours in the chair? I'd have fallen asleep in the chair in spite of the pain and discomfort. I always go to a lady with tiny, nimble little fingers so that I won't get choked. Men's fingers are far too large for them to be dentists. Hope you recover well.
I was operated on my spine excellently by a surgeon who had hands like a vet working with cows and horses. Had he made a mistake, I would be paralysed.
@bagarad (12151)
• Paso Robles, California
@MALUSE That's scary!
@bagarad It was scary! I agreed to the operation despite the risk because without it I would also have become paralysed over time. All went well and my spine is now in order.
@bagarad (12151)
• Paso Robles, California
You have my sympathy. I need to make dental appointment to get my teeth cleaned and deal with a tooth I think is chipped or lost a filling. I dread it, but I know it will be worse if I don't go soon. The big problem is that I want to change dentists but my dentist is also a friend. I'm not quite sure how to tell her I need change because she hurts more than my previous dentist and keeps my neck in an awkward position for too long. My previous dentist didn't do that. He is retired now because he has cancer. So I need to find someone else.
The friendship issue is big but you need to be relaxed. I am liking my dentist well, but the dental problems I have seem to be weak teeth with strong and determined roots. He did say I kind of ruined his day. He also calls to check up on me when I am home to make sure I am doing okay.
@bagarad (12151)
• Paso Robles, California
@GardenGerty He sounds like a good man.
I hope the nap helps refresh you. Did they give you a script for pain relief as well?
He was going to give me Ibuprofen 800's, but I do not take Ibuprofen. I took naproxen before I went and I alternate naproxen and acetaminophen and really have no pain unless I try to eat. I feel the antibiotic is much more important. I napped a couple of times. I made instant mashed potatoes to eat. I have a problem with my blood sugar falling, so I take juice with me as well.
@GardenGerty Can you chew okay on the other side of your mouth? I try not to take any pain killers if necessary. Even when I have a toothache, I'll drink peppermint tea to rid me of the inflammation and rinse my mouth with salt water. A friend and I were talking the other day about how we needed to be mindful of what we ate since Diabetes runs rampant in our families.
Dentists' works are really horrible. Who has ever thought positively about dentists?
@xFiacre (4438)
@maluse A dentist I used to attend and who I sat beside in school (and who was an extremely good dentist) is now in jail for murdering his wife. I don't know what that says about the profession. Or what it says about the company I keep.
@xFiacre Be glad that he didn't test his method of killing on you first.
I mostly have always liked my dentists. I am angry that the clinic I was going to did nothing for these teeth. My medical doctor says that infection in my teeth may be why I was sick all the time when I was working at school. The clinic I go to now is proceeding nicely, I just have issues with my upper jaw teeth.
@GardenGerty You were put through the ringer and need that nap. I go to the dentist and dental hygienist after tomorrow morning.
They will try to finish the job today. In a different town, with the older, more experienced dentist in the practice.
@GardenGerty Good luck.
@Icydoll (19698)
You want a much needed nap..have some rest dear friend
Resting and soft foods really helped.
@Icydoll (19698)
@GardenGerty glad to know that
I am not happy to hear of your mouth situation. I am not sure what happen to lessen the meds for you.
When the roots of this tooth are out I will be okay. It does not hurt, although I do have a headache. I had a headache before they started, though.
@GardenGerty I can't imagine the process of getting them out.
@AKRao24 (18174)
I know its too bad to have the roots of the nerves still there in the tooth after two hours session with the Dentist! Please have a deserved rest and wish you all the best! Thanks!
Well today, Wednesday, they will be getting the rest out, probably.Hopefully.
@AKRao24 (18174)
@GardenGerty , Hope you will get them out and feel better, some people have more than normal branches/ roots which may take time! Thanks! Have a great time!
@Ntan822 (377)
• Israel
you are definitely excused! are you even supposed to drive after all of that?? thank god you got home safe..
The drive on Tuesday was only ten minutes, and I had no one else to drive me. Today, Wednesday, it is an hour drive to a bigger office with the head of the company. I still have no one to drive with me, so it will be me, on my own. I take things with me to help my blood glucose and I will find a place to rest if I have to.
@Ntan822 (377)
• Israel
@GardenGerty if no one can come with you than you need to watch yourself. if you feel a bit tired stop somewhere safe or at a cofee shop for some energy. have a safe trip!
@Mike197602 (13513)
• Worcester, England
I am scared beyond belief of going to dentists...dates back to when I had surgery on my jaw. I need work done which will cost thousands but I'm too scared to go which over time will add to the bill
Much of my dental expense stems from postponing care, originally. I am thinking that once this extraction is done I will get partial plates, not crowns again at my age. He has had to break off crowns to do the extractions and they have hidden the infection underneath to the point I feel it is systemic.
I hope you had a good nap.
I laid down more than once and it was helpful. I slept pretty well last night too.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I am supposed to make a dentist appointment. I should really get around to doing that.
Yes, the sooner it is taken care of the better.
@KrauseHome (35034)
This does not sound like fun. Hope that this helps with your toothache. Sounds like sleep is your Best option right now.
Actually, for all the work I have had done since April there is little pain. My regular doctor had stated that getting the infected teeth out should improve my overall health and my blood glucose control.
I feel your dental pain. Been there, done that.
I am going to be glad when it is all over.
Relax and sleep. Take care.
I took more than one nap, but they were short. Napping is very unusual for me.
You deserve a good nap after that dental procedure.
Yes, and I took a couple of them.