What matters to you most- Marriage or Career?

@deba12 (3098)
I have seen some people are ready to sacrifice everything to sustain their marriages. While there are many others to whom career matters the most. I belong to the second type. I pay attention to make my career. What's your preference?
I prefer my career. I wouldn't love to be married then the man is the one who provides everything for. Am always independent and I believe with my good career job, men will just come and I wouldn't be following them or depend on any man for anything.
@deba12 (3098)
You are a free spirit. Don't change yourself.
@pitstop (7234)
I would always make a career move only if my marriage would not be affected. I can always get another job, but I enjoy my family life a million times more than my job. My job is exciting and very gratifying, but family is way better! That's just me.
wow you've got an awesome life. am happy for you
@deba12 (3098)
If you think you are earning for your family, it will be good to give them your importance.
@riverwild (2486)
what does your spouse think of that?
@deba12 (3098)
I don't have any spouse. That's why, I am completely free to ask such a question.
@arunima25 (8644)
• Bangalore, India
I have got a wonderful supportive husband and I would prefer my marriage to work. But he holds a vies that I am very good with my profession and I should never quit it. So I get a lot fo support from him to do what I want to do.
@deba12 (3098)
You are very lucky that you are getting your husband's support.
@arunima25 (8644)
• Bangalore, India
@deba12 I feel grateful to God. He was supportive as a friend and has not changed after becoming husband and a parent with me.
Why choose when you can have both? I hate it when people ask me to choose between two words when I can have my way in having both worlds.
@deba12 (3098)
I am asking just to know what matters to you the most.
@deba12 And my answer is still both. Because I am having both worlds at the moment and when I want something, nobody can stop me. And I can make my own reality.
@kanchan10 (3427)
• Kolkata, India
actually both are very important.balance between career and personal life is essential.
@deba12 (3098)
Yes you should learn to create a balance between the two.
Needless to say, the marriage is much more important for me. I am not that ambitious. My family always goes first for me.
@deba12 (3098)
Enjoy your life with your family.
@Rashnag (4052)
• Thane, India
It's all about priority and differs from person to person. One can work after marriage too and balance both their lives equally.
Marriage and career holds a significance in a person's life and many choose career over marriage. If you are going to strive for both you need to find some balance. As for myself, I put more importance in marriage and family. I was a stay at home mom until my son was 17, then I went to work. I worked in private security and law enforcement. My husband did not really like what I was doing because of the danger involved, but he supported me. I got hurt on the job in 2007 and haven't worked since. My husband had open heart surgery the same year and had to go on disability. We are both now retired. God and family should always, in my book, come first.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
Just like you, career is my priority as of now.
@mesbakh (2699)
both of them are matters for me. i make money for my family and my family support my career
@abhaijith (2962)
Hi...Very good topic.. I think career matters always. Most of the cases the society wont permit us to concentrate on our career. .Especially after a certain age.