What is being done to a homeless person after they die?

Bucharest, Romania
Hello my friends. I cannot help but ask myself this question "what will happen to a homeless person after it dies?". I mean, does someone bury him with the traditional ceremonial practice or he is simply sent to a morgue and incinerated or is it something else? It makes me sad when I see homeless people on the streets barely capable of walking and perhaps on verge between life and death. Does any of you have any idea what will happen to a homeless person after it dies?
@AKRao24 (21972)
In India they are taken to Local Mortuary and if no body claims the body within the stipulated time under the permission of police and legal proceedings the body is donated to Medical colleges where it will be used by the students to study the anatomy and pathology! Thanks!
@moichan (688)
Same where I'm from but medical universities pay for the corpse. Then I don't know what's next after that
@AKRao24 (21972)
@moichan , Nice to know that....I think that is one of the best of using the corpse as it is helping the students to learn!
I do know that in my county in the state of Illinois, a homeless person's body is held at the medical examiner’s office for 60 days. If the deceased is believed to have been a veteran, it is kept for 90 days to verify military history. After two weeks, some bodies are donated for educational purposes. The rest are either buried or cremated. A variety of searches are done first to find out the identity of the person. The county pays for all of this. .
• Bucharest, Romania
The homeless people have no relatives in general or do they?
@Cristi_Ichim They will do DNA tests to try and find relatives, but if not, the county takes care of the burial.
@pgntwo (22713)
• Douglas, Isle Of Man
A person has a gender, he or she - not "it". I am sure there are state minimum regulations in such cases...,
• Bucharest, Romania
But due to the fact that the gender could be either one, I said "it" because otherwise I would have had to say "he / she" every time which is annoying.
@pgntwo (22713)
• Douglas, Isle Of Man
@Cristi_Ichim You can say "they" or "them". So "What happens to a homeless person after they die?" is correct.
in my state if they aren't claimed in a certain length of time they're cremated and buried on state land set aside for the purpose.
• Bucharest, Romania
Are they nameless?
@Cristi_Ichim i think they put a number on the grave and if a friend or relative comes forward with a name then they put one on.
In my country they are buried in a plot where there are many people. No names.
• Bucharest, Romania
What does plot mean?
@Cristi_Ichim In a hole in the ground, but with an urn provided by the government.
@Aquitaine24 (3539)
• San Jose, California
Sommetimmes they are estranged fro their family and the family does not knw they are homeless.If the next of kin can be found,often they decide where the realtive s buried.
• Bucharest, Romania
What does "the next of kin" mean?
I think it's the country which take care of the proper burial of the body.
• Bucharest, Romania
I don’t know how they deal with this issue in Romania where I live.
• Slovenia
I do not know and i have never thought about it.
• Bucharest, Romania
I also never thought about it until recently.
@iridion9 (11533)
The government is responsible for burying them.
• Bucharest, Romania
How so?
@sunrisefan (23188)
I'm as curious as you.