The children's clothes are given out in Lumbini, Nepal

Lumbini, Nepal
Bunbury, Australia
Here are some more photos from my husband’s trip to Lumbini in Nepal. They have now given out the clothes which he said were well-received. Back home in Western Australia we had just started to buy clothes at our op shops (thrift stores) when someone left three boxes of children’s clothes on our doorstep. I have no idea who the kind soul was but there were so many that we didn’t need to spend more of our money on clothes. This meant we could buy some bikes to help children get to school. The clothes were mostly for little girls and babies but we already had a good supply of boys’ clothes so all was good. The photos are self-explanatory but there is one of a pump which is typical of what the group is installing. They are old-fashioned pumps but work well and there is very little that can go wrong with them. They are ideal for this situation.
it is a wonderful idea to share what we have and others need. The pictures are wonderful.
They seem to be having so much fun in the straw. Just good innocent fun.
@JudyEv I saw that when I went to Kunayala, the land of the Kunas is Panama.
@ptrikha_2 (11139)
@marguicha kunayala sounds like an Indo-Sanskrit name !
You are a blessing to so many!
Thank you. I think you do pretty well yourself.
@sallypup (30134)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Those are such sweet photos. Your husband must have enjoyed the trip as he helped distribute the goods.
He would have enjoyed it for sure. It's always nice to be able to help people.
@YrNemo (14736)
Wonderful pic .
It's a beauty isn't it? Kids are much the same all over the world.
@YrNemo (14736)
@JudyEv Made me think of how kids in first world countries!!! They have too much too many!
@YrNemo I've just realised I thought it was the kids playing in the hay that you were referring to. But the picture is still nice.
Wonderful photos and lucky children I love that little boy in the shirt with the cats. He is adorable. I am happy things are going so well. Great pump.
He is cute isn't he? I'm pretty sure that is one of the shirts we sent over.
@Inlemay (17162)
• South Africa
I dont understand why people hoard clothing - I like that they give it away. There are so many people in the world, all over that could do with the long hanging items in everyone's cupboards. Which reminds me, my hubby is off to Namibia soon and I send all our small/large/not fitting/outdated items for the people in the northern rural areas.
That's good that you're sending clothes to Namibia. I love the sound of that word.
@sunrisefan (21936)
Glad to see the pump Vince and his group has given the Nepalese folk. Water is life. Bless you, Vince and his group for your kindness.
They have had over 30 pumps installed now so are turning their attention more towards helping the schools.
@sunrisefan (21936)
@JudyEv That's great, Ms. Judy!
@sunrisefan At that point you do start to feel your efforts are making a difference. However there was a man at one of the meetings who says his community is very poor and needs a well so perhaps they will go a bit further afield now.
I have donated so many bags of clothes from my mom's apartment. I would have loved to be able to give to Vince, they would have been surely better received in Nepal.
It can be hard to find the best place to donate some things. I'm not sure how adult clothes would go there. They don't really seem to wear Western dress - at least the women don't.
@JudyEv They wear different dresses for sure, I thought about towels and bed sheets.
@LadyDuck Oh I see. Yes I'm sure they would go down really well. We did price some blankets before the bikes were suggested but the logistics were too difficult and we couldn't find any that were a reasonable price.
@JudyEv You guys are so special doing this for the children. My hat goes off to you and the special thing you are doing.
Thank you very much Hanni. We're lucky to be in a position where we can help.
@JudyEv I am glad you are in a position to help but there are many out there that are also in a position to help but do not. I still say you guys are special to do that for them.
@Hannihar Thanks Hanni.
@arunima25 (10274)
• Bangalore, India
Such a noble work and look at those bright faces receiving it. That is a hand pump for water. I have one like that in my grandparent's house. It was a fun activity for us as children to pump water from it.
These pumps are the best to use in this area as there is little that can go wrong with them.
@arunima25 (10274)
• Bangalore, India
@JudyEv And it can very deep down Earth to get the underground water that is safe for consumption.
@arunima25 That is what the wells do - go deep enough that the water is pure.
@wolfgirl569 (13980)
• Marion, Ohio
Thats wonderful. But the baby does not look all that thrilled with her new outfit.
She/he doesn't does he/she? Probably wondering what all the fuss is about. lol
@wolfgirl569 Quite likely.
@Courage7 (21833)
Such a happy thing to do a blessing thanks for sharing it Judy.
Thanks. There are many small ways in which we can help others. It isn't always about the big stuff. And I'm sure these children will remember these things and go on to do what they can to help others.
@Courage7 (21833)
@JudyEv I am really happy to see this Judy.
• Preston, England
so much great support and generosity here
Thanks it is a good thing they are doing.
• Preston, England
@JudyEv very much so yes
Wonderful pictures
I like the little person in the pink shirt. I don't think he/she quite knows what it's all about.
@JudyEv so great
@JustBhem (46154)
• Davao, Philippines
The picture tells a lot.
Yes, it does really, doesn't it?
@JustBhem (46154)
• Davao, Philippines
@JudyEv Bless those people who are kind enough to help.
• Denver, Colorado
Free children's clothes is a good thing because they grow out of them so fast. I bet those things get handed down all over the village.
That would be a good thing. The news that the clothes would be handed out travelled like wildfire throughout the village and everyone turned up hoping to be given something.
That's great you received a large number of clothes before Vince left to add to what you already had so the children could benefit. Great pictures.
One old suitcase was packed as tight as we could pack it. It will be left behind.
The one park down the street from me has one of those old well pumps. All the photos are so heart warming! I am so happy these people were able to receive these things. The little one on the bottom right in her new little outfit is so adorable. I am so happy you read this post! How wonderful you had so many clothes donated that you could buy the boys bikes to get to school.
We had just started to buy at the op shops. Even they have 'sales' and discount days. So it was great bonus when we didn't have to spend that money.
@CarolDM (9194)
Such a selfless thing to do. I donate every chance I get to Goodwill and local churches.
There is always somewhere that is willing to take our cast-offs.
@pitstop (8061)
Thanks for the wonderful work. Great to see so much thought and effort and care. God bless!
Thank you very much. Have a great day.