Micheal Was Here

@RubyHawk (30532)
Atlanta, Georgia
Micheal passed through but he didn't linger. I wouldn't have known it was raining but I stepped out on the deck to see what was happening, rain was blowing in so I moved deck furniture back against the wall. I saw on the news today that a road had washed out in our area. There was a separation of three or four feet across the road, No cars will go out that road for awhile.My daughter in law said a large branch fell on their roof but she wasn't sure if it did any damage. Micheal wrecked havoc in Florida and South Georgia. Those poor people have a long row to hoe. I hope all of you escaped damage from the storm.
We did good here, I had Fl. family come stay for a few days.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It's good they had somewhere to go during the bad weather. Was their home damaged?
I have seen online how bad is the situation around Panama City in Florida, I am so sorry for those people who lost everything.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
So am I, I hope they get help for housing and the necessaries. I can't imagine how hard it is for these families.
@RubyHawk I wonder if they really get help or if those without insurance are left without nothing.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@LadyDuck If I’m not mistaken an emergency room has to take a seriously ill person in but they send them home when they are stabilized. The patient is then on his own.Some people who are very poor are eligible for Medicaid but very few can get it. A few states have Medicaid for everyone who is eligible but not in Georgia and the majority of states.
@oahuwriter (4221)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
I saw the news on tv too so sad and many people including me prayed for the mainland too! I hope your daughter's home is alright! Glad that you and your family made it safely through H. Micheal! I have been seeing gofundme.com pages for donations to help disaster places and people living through disasters. I live on Oahu where we have a hurricane watch every year June through Nov. I got my 2 cases of water to be safe, so I understand what you fell like. This year has been a rough one too for the Hawaiian Islands for we had the volcano eruption too. Take care and prayers go out to all on the mainland and you and your family to be safe and protected from H. Micheal! God help us all be safe from H. Micheal and dissipate H. Micheal, thank you, amen, in the name of Christ, thank you, amen.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
You guys have had it rough from the volcano and the bad weather. It's good to be as prepared as possible. In north Georgia we don't often have really damaging weather, sometimes a tornado going through. Our home has never been directly hit by one. The closest we've come is having tops of trees in our yard being wound off several years ago.We sometimes have floods but we live on high ground and water never comes up this high..
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@RubyHawk Wonderful, yet the stress from knowing things are happening is hard too. Every year we get our hurricane watch, but it's over usually by Thanksgiving...me too so far so good. Where I live is quite safe...luckily for me I bus too so it's a bit harder for me. Thank God we are blessed by him. (I pray a lot.)
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@oahuwriter Storms are always stressful even if you don’t sustain damage. You never know until it hits you.
@anya12adwi (4540)
• Bhubaneshwar, India
I pray that your area recovers soon..
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We're okay here. I only heard of the one road damaged and a few branches falling.
• Bhubaneshwar, India
@RubyHawk That would be taken care of authority in a day or two.. Right?
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@anya12adwi It will probably take several days to repair the road. There was a deep section washed out all the way across the road.
@moffittjc (47545)
• Gainesville, Florida
I was thinking of you and hoping you were okay from the storm. Glad to hear that you did not sustain any damage.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes, we had no trouble at all. Was there any damage in your area? Micheal looked like it shifted around you but I couldn't be sure.
@moffittjc (47545)
• Gainesville, Florida
@RubyHawk There was no damage whatsoever where I live. The storm definitely shifted around us. The original forecast track had us right in the middle of the cone of uncertainty, but as time went on it kept shifting westward every so slightly.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@moffittjc I saw you were in the path before the storm shifted away from you and us. But I thought you might have been close enough to suffer some damage. We got off with no damage other than the one road that was washed out and a few fallen branches. We were lucky this time.
We had no part of the storm. Hope there is no damage to their home.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
There was so much damage in Florida and South Georgia. It will take forever for them to build their homes back. But my sons home wasn’t damaged unless the roof leaks when it rains again.
@RubyHawk i know, so sad. Glad his wasnt damaged.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Courtlynn He was certainly happy about that. He had repairs last year when the big one came along.
@Courage7 (21832)
Glad you are fine was thinking and praying for you Ruby
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We're fine,nothing but a little wind and rain. Michael must not have come near you.
@Courage7 (21832)
@RubyHawk No we are way West CO Ruby.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Courage7 What kind of bad weather do you get out there? Tornadoes
@sallypup (30134)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm glad that you are okay. Florida sounds so very sad.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Oh, it does. I don't see how these families will ever get on their feet again.
@sallypup (30134)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@RubyHawk It takes so much money to rebuild. Plus they probably love where they were living and the way the weather is going, there's no win there.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@sallypup Most people wouldn’t want to leave their neighborhoods. And I’m sure many work places are blown away. I can’t imagine how these families will make it.
@debjani1 (3963)
May GOD bless All the people and save them.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I hope they have the help they need to get through this. Their homes and everything destroyed.It's terrible.
@debjani1 (3963)
@RubyHawk so sad.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@debjani1 It is, I feel so bad for them.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
We had a little rain and wind here, but the central and western part of NC saw some flooding. So soon after Florence, the water just had nowhere to go.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
NC must be in bad shape after Florence and now Micheal. You guys still hadn't recovered from Florence and all the flooding.
@DWDavis (15902)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@RubyHawk Rivers are expected to flood again this weekend, but not as badly as they did from Florence. I pray we are done with storms for a very long while.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@DWDavis I hope so. So much damage it will be a long slow process building back.
@CarolDM (9194)
So many lost so much. Glad you are ok.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes, so much was lost that will never be recovered. It’s a terrible loss of life and property.
I saw the damage on the news, Prayers going out to everyone affected.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
So terrible for them, schools and homes damaged and destroyed. it's devastating. Some will likely never be able to build b ack.
@xFiacre (6143)
@rubyhawk We are currently having a visit from Callum but he’s just a little kitten of a storm.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I hope Callum doesn’t turn into a big storm. Be safe.
Here in Daytona Beach we just got a quick drenching and that was it. I have always thought that hurricanes should not have nice names because they are not nice but Michael was well named cause this one made me think of Michael Myers in Halloween and that was not a nice one.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm glad the worst of Michael passed you by. That Michael Myers is an odd one all right.
It seems to was a really bad storm with an incredible amount of damage.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It was devastating to Florida and south Georgia. It went around us.
@Inlemay (17162)
• South Africa
its so dry in my area, we would have loved some of that rain, but not floods. The devastation is terrible and I am sorry to hear about the havoc it has caused.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
The weather forecast had us worried that it would come nearer us but the hurricane turned before it got this far and we escaped any damage other than the road damaged and a few fallen branches.
I'm glad you were safe from Michael's wrath.
Glad that you are all right. So sad for all the people who had to go through all this.