The Wishing Tree

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
We went to Vereen Gardens in Little River, SC. It is situated right on the border of Little River and Calabash, NC, and sits at the Intracoastal Waterway. There are many trails to walk, and they have picnic areas, swings, fishing piers and beach access. (When the tide is low, otherwise your feet will get wet.) We took a path we had never taken before and came across this wishing tree. The sign says "Make a wish, Hang an oyster. This tree is located just off the beach where there are millions of shells, mostly oyster shells. If you ever get to this part of the world, I suggest you stop here for a visit. The scenery is beautiful. The picture is mine. I had a heck of a time getting it to load.
I have never visited this area, but I take note, should I come there I will visit for sure.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
And I will be happy to be your tour guide.
@cindiowens Thank you so much, I would be pleased to meet you.
What a charming idea, let's hope whatever you wished for comes true
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
I didn't make a wish. At the time I was very content to be in nature, and my family and home spared from the hurricane. I thought it would have been selfish to wish for any more than that.
@cindiowens What a kind person you are
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
@UncleJoe (11144)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Did you hand an oyster? How do you tie a rope around it's neck?
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Lol, No I didn't. Most of the oyster SHELLS had holes in them so they looked easy to hang. I didn't hang one though.
I'll have to keep that in mind. We saw a prayer tree in Blowing Rock last weekend.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Basically the same thing I guess.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Very magical
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Wow it sounds and looks beautiful from your picture! =)
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
@LovingMyBabies the picture doesn't really do it justice. I couldn't help but wonder what each of those oyster shells meant to the one who made the wish. How many came true? How many were jusy forgotten about?...
@CarolDM (5565)
Sounds like a beautiful place and I would love to have this tree in my backyard.
@leny34 (1899)
• Sidoarjo, Indonesia
yeah it looks like it's very beautiful ... whether the tree is decades old, because it seems that the tree has grown long enough
no I have not but do like what I see.Nice photo there
@Courage7 (18180)
I can only dream of getting to such a beautiful place Cynthia. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I am glad you got it to load.
Looks like a lovely spot.
Looks like a great place to visit. Love the picture and can see all those oyster shells. Did you hang one?