Would You Lend Your Phone To A Stranger?

@kavinitu (5396)
Have you ever been asked for your cellphone by a stranger giving excuses that his battery has drained out or his phone had been stolen or lost etc. Its pretty hard to deny but its equally that suspicious to believe what the person is saying is right There have been incidents that people have used such tricks on innocent people and have misused their cellphones for threatening or making spam calls. Have heard of one that was used to make a ransom call against a kidnapping, for which the lender was accused. Just yesterday a guy came and asked for my cellphone, saying that he had to make an emergency call but his battery had given up. He dint look trustworthy by his appearance and so I denied him, it gave me a guilty feeling within but I just couldn't I walked away and turned around to see what's he was up to and saw that he approached a man ahead who actually gave him his cellphone, that made me fell a little mean on my decision But still I don't think that I would ever lend my phone to a stranger unless I am totally assured that he is in a bad situation and he really needs to make a call, but again how would that be assured? Anyways what would you do? would you or would you not lend your phone to a stranger?
No, I would not give my phone to a stranger, first because of germs, I do not let other people touch my stuff.
@nitirrbb7 (3783)
Hello Anna, that would also be my second reason after safety I also don't like people take my things.
@nitirrbb7 Hello and Happy New Year. I am very careful about hygiene.
@kavinitu (5396)
Yeah that is right I also don't like my stuff being used by others.
@responsiveme (21532)
Friends on the stranger.
@kavinitu (5396)
Sorry I dint get you on that.
@Teekaaa (6484)
@kavinitu I didn't get too !!
@kavinitu (5396)
@Sreekala (25309)
I had given my a phone to a lady for making a call. She wanted to inform her hubby she and her children waiting for him on a particular spot. Another time, some asked and I said I have not enough balance to make a call. However, the world is so dangerous and it is not good to offer our phone so quickly to a strange person.
@kavinitu (5396)
I guess if its a lady approaching then we will atleast think of lending just like you did but if its a man then its really very scary.
@Sreekala (25309)
@kavinitu I absolutely support your views and you did the best thing indeed.
@kavinitu (5396)
@Sreekala Thanks Sree
@Icydoll (29351)
Nothing wrong in thinking of our safety..we can't trust someone easily .
@kavinitu (5396)
That's right we should not and no matter if we feel guilty later, instead of crying on later.
@avi256 (4708)
• Pune, India
Mobile phones are highly vulnerable to safety issues.
@kavinitu (5396)
@avi256 That's true.
@resukill22 (7355)
For me, no because I don't know if he return the money or my phone, And also I don't know him personally
@kavinitu (5396)
Yeah that is true if he ran away with our phone
@kavinitu yes, and if that happen we don't know what to do
Yes, for me..I’ve been in the situation where I wanted to borrow a phone for same reason. Maybe I will just the one to dial the number and hold the phone and use the “loudspeaker button” just to make sure everything is okay. But still you did what you think is right and for your safety as well.
@kavinitu (5396)
That would be wise if you are lending your phone to a stranger dialing and keep it on the speaker. Yeah I was a little hesitant for a while but had to make a decision.
@shubhu3 (25569)
• New Delhi, India
Happened with me as well. I usually tend to ignore or tell that I don't have enough balance.
@avi256 (4708)
• Pune, India
We never know the intention of the strangers, so better avoid handing phone to them
@shubhu3 (25569)
• New Delhi, India
@avi256 Yes that's correct.
@kavinitu (5396)
That was good of you to do so, you just can't trust anyone nowadays.
Only if there was a car accident. Otherwise, I don’t trust strangers and wouldn’t like germs on my phone.
@kavinitu (5396)
Yeah in such cases there won't be a doubt
@kavinitu I think I loaned my cell phone to someone that did not have a phone. I ask the question if it is locally. I know I have used others cell phone before.
@kavinitu (5396)
Did he reply back in that way to you that "I know I have used others cell phone before"?
@kavinitu I do not remember who it was but now for sure I can say I let someone use my phone where I was yesterday and she thanked me and she was very nice.
No, I wouldn't lend my phone to a stranger.
@kavinitu (5396)
Nice after all its hard to trust anyone now.
@kavinitu Yes, it is.
I think it would be unsafe to lend my phone to a stranger. I would not do it.
@kavinitu (5396)
Yeah it would be tough decision to make because as we deny and move ahead your mind again questions you "did I do that right"
No, I would not.
@kavinitu (5396)
That would be wise not too.
I don't have a phone but I think you did the right thing.
@kavinitu (5396)
You too Laurel same is with @JudyEv she also doesn't have a phone How do you make it without one and if anyone wants to reach you when you are out?
@kavinitu They have to wait until I am home to reach me. Just the way it use to be before people had cell phones.
@kavinitu As Laurel says, they just have to wait. My husband has a mobile but it isn't always turned on.
I would certainly be very reluctant to lend my phone. Luckily I don't have one so it isn't going to happen.
@kavinitu (5396)
How is it possible for you Judy to be without a phone
@kavinitu My husband has one for emergencies. People can ring on the landline and leave a message or they can email - or call in .
@kavinitu (5396)
@JudyEv Good you have kept yourself away from cellphones, it equally has disadvantages too
@Janet357 (7576)
Never. I even seldom talk to them.
@kavinitu (5396)
Yeah same here I don't like strangers approaching me.
@Janet357 (7576)
@kavinitu nowadays showing kindness to SOME people is something you need to think first. I remember the news on tv, there was an old woman who simply helped the the lady who said she was lost. And so the old woman, directed her to the place she would like to go You know what happened? She got hypnotized. The lady drained her bank account and took her jewelry with her.
@kavinitu (5396)
@Janet357 OMG! that is what you get paid for showing kindness Where are we heading too? this way if someone is really in need he would die waiting for help
@Mavic123456 (17083)
• Thailand
maybe, i can ask him to give me the number and have it dialed myself...
@kavinitu (5396)
That would be really wise of you to do so
@Mavic123456 (17083)
• Thailand
@kavinitu yes sometimes people just really need some help...
@kavinitu (5396)
@Mavic123456 That is cute thank you Mavic, all the best to you too
@Nevena83 (10234)
• Serbia
Um ... I do not know what I would do.
@kavinitu (5396)
Yeah its pretty tough to make a decision at the very moment
@Nevena83 (10234)
• Serbia
@kavinitu oh yes
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I was with my siter one time and, she didn't lend a phone to a half drunk young man (or maybe he wasn't but he looked suspicious) and, that was fine. In fact, this same man was insisting to lend a phone so, my sister threatened him with a police. If you have a strong gut that someone is not trustworthy, it's probably the case. I borrowed my phone for a sms message only (which I pointed out cause, I didn't have enough money) to a lady which was my mother's age. We were riding a bus from one town to another, a copule of years ago and, she needed to send a message to someone who waited there for her. Strangely, she didn't thank me afterwards. Today, I don't what would I do. I feel very strange when strangers are approaching me.
@kavinitu (5396)
Yeah it does make me a little uneasy too when strangers approach me too, specially for addresses. If I was in your place I would have lend my phone to the old lady too because there wasn't any point in doubting the old lady, but atleast she should have thanked you for the good courtesy. And good of your sister to threaten the stranger with the police his insisting was not right if somebody doesn't want to then he should have backed away.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
If it is an emergency situation, I will lend my mobile phone.
@kavinitu (5396)
I know you are kind-hearted human, but you still need to be care Shavkat.
@kavinitu I do agree on that. I need to be vigilant, too
@wolfgirl569 (16325)
• Marion, Ohio
I would offer to make the call for them anymore
@kavinitu (5396)
Yeah that would be better if you dial the number instead of them and even keep the call on speaker.