SAFETY RULES CLASSES IN SCHOOL.. Necessity or Wastage of time

@Sheali (732)
I think road safety rules or playground safety rules should not be taught only as a chapter in the school. It should rather become a proper class, maybe once in every week, when students are taught about safety rules on a regular basis, maybe even in a play format.. I have taught in a school for 6 years and we had such sessions once in a month where students were actually made to enact such things and were also taught how to give first aid. So, people out there, what is your take on that.. Should safety rules be taught separately or is it a wastage of time according to you??
@ilocosboy (41791)
Let's make it as part of their subjects. It will be very educational for them.
@Sheali (732)
I totally agree.. I think it is very important.. If you don't mind would you like to say if you are a mom or a teacher or are you generally giving your views.. Actually everyone's view on such things are equally important..
@ilocosboy (41791)
I'm a father of 5 kids
children need to learn safety every day or at least weekly.
@Sheali (732)
I feel.. if possible may be teachers should devote a few mins every class so that students can naturally absorb the rules...
@responsiveme (21532)
Taught in school
@Sheali (732)
I too feel the same..
@banksim (2944)
all safety precautions are necessary but we take training very lightly
@Sheali (732)
Yes I know, Students know very little about the rules and sometimes don't know how to behave on roads.. They don't know how to behave if a fellow student faints.. So these kinds of classes are important..
@banksim (2944)
@Sheali yes rules are necessary, so they are implemented, so the future citizen can know how to act in emergency
@Sheali (732)
@banksim Yaa.. Actually I have seen personally that the behavior of the students have changed after some such sessions in our school and they know how to react in such cases.. For example if some one gets hurt or faints.. They were taught to give general first aid and even told that you should not crowd around some one who has fainted as that person needs more fresh air.. Now, they don't run while climbing down the stairs.. These things look unimportant but there are many accidents because of these..
It is a basic one to know. It needs to be done and educate all ages about it
@Sheali (732)
Yes, I know.. So I am trying to spread the message in which ever way I can..
@Sheali Oh, I see. I hope they will get the message of yours
@Sheali (732)
@Shavkat Thanks :)
@kamzbd (532)
from my knowledge I think it is a wastage of time.
@Sheali (732)
Ok.. Actually acc to me students know very little about the rules and sometimes don't know how to behave on roads.. They don't know how to behave if a fellow student faints.. So these kinds of classes are important..
@kamzbd (532)
@Sheali maybe...
@Sheali (732)
@kamzbd See it is just an opinion.. Actually I have seen personally that the behavior of the students have changed after some such sessions in our school and they know how to react in such cases.. For example if some one gets hurt or faints.. They were taught to give general first aid and even told that you should not crowd around some one who has fainted as that person needs more fresh air.. These things look unimportant but there are many accidents because of these..
@resukill22 (7355)
That is the part of rules in school
@Sheali (732)
Good to know that.. It should be..
@Janet357 (7576)
It is a must. Though this is out of topic. Did you know that in jApan. Students there are not only taught of first aid but they are the ones who clean the school. The purpose is so that they will treat with respect those who work in school like the custodians and the likes.
@Sheali (732)
@Janet357 Even in some schools in India we encourage students to do so. As a student I have done that and the school in which I taught they also made students clean the classrooms and even sweep the floor once a week. That way they will not only respect all people but also understand their hard work and will not dirty the school unnecessarily. It actually helps children to be more disciplined.
@Janet357 (7576)
@Sheali yes. Thats correct. To be honest, i hate parents who dont teach their kids household chores, thats a wrong way of loving them. They will grow up irresponsible.
• New Delhi, India
Safety rules are a necerry source for all the students to stay safe.
@Sheali (732)
Agreed
@debjani1 (4148)
Good thought. I appreciate it. There should be atleast one class where students are teached about safety rules.
@Sheali (732)
I think it is really important