A luxurious Chinese food: roasted duck.

Chile
My friends came to pick me up. Rather late as they usually do, so I ate a teaspoon of apricot jelly and that was very clever. We went to the beast Chinese restaurant nearby. We have some wontons with an aperitif for Humberto and for me (a mojito for him, a piña colada for me). Dixie had a Ginger Ale. After looking at the main dishes, we decided on a roasted duck served with rice pancakes, plum jam and bunch onions. Besides that, we asked for flambeed eggplants with ginger and wrapped in foil. Everything was delicious. And the Venezuelan waiter was very nice and added a bit more of rum to my piña colada. We ended up talking politics with him while he served us. There are many people from Venezuela here fleeing from their country. Humberto took a nap in the living room and we went to my bedroom with Dixie. I wanted Dixie to watch the movie I had seen yesterday, but she was the only person in the world who hadn´t seen Pretty Woman. So I installed her and too a nap too. Later on, Dixie brought me cake and Humberto ate the rest of it. I had made coffee and we had coffee and then a small glass of Jack Daniels. They went away about an hour ago. I have never seen such wonderful friends.
@spiderdust (8094)
• San Jose, California
Oh, that's one of my favorite dishes to order at a Chinese restaurant! I don't get to have it very often. That was indeed a very luxurious lunch!
It was! And it is a very expensive dish.
• San Jose, California
@marguicha You had a very special outing with your friends.
@spiderdust Every time I go with them it is special.
@mayka123 (12005)
You seem to have had a great time with friends.
I always do with them.
@mayka123 (12005)
@marguicha Thats great.
@miketagz (8842)
Sounds crispy to me, but I rarely ate this. Combine with special sauce like Soy Sauce with onions, garlic and chili for dipping. Yum yum.
There were bunch onions, plum jam and soy sauce.
@miketagz (8842)
@marguicha Oh great. Enjoy your meal. Try pork rinds with real meat. Sure you'll love it.
Sounds like a really good time and meal, with some pretty awesome friends. Happy for you.
They are more like close family than friends.
@marguicha i can see that
@Missmwngi (11535)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Its always super good to have wonderful friends
We have been friends over 30 years. We are family although not related.
@CarolDM (15475)
I love roasted duck, sounds great.
I love it too.
@Maridj (21)
• Serbia
youre lucky to have them,bless all friends like that.
I agree.
@aureliah (22468)
• Kenya
I loved Pretty WOman. Julia Robert did a great job on that movie
@moonandstars (10519)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Sounds like a perfect dinner!
Great you enjoyed such a lovely day.
Duck is the favorite dish of my niece. I do not eat duck, for me it's just like to eat a "pet". I had a lovely pet duck when I was a girl.
This is a good dish. I had this dish twice in Beijing when we travelled there. It is very expensive in its best restaurant and I don't think it is really worthy to it. Then I had this dish in a very good restaurant in my city and I must say it is better. Although it is still expensive, but the taste is better and the service is very good.
@RodrickH (15268)
And Beijing Roasted Duck is among the best
What a wonderful way to spend most of the day. I feel for the Venezuelan people. It would be awful to live in fear.
@louievill (20986)
I'm so glad you had a nice time, yes Peking duck is a bit pricey but delicious because of the meticulous way it's prepared, we use to take out order some in Manila China town. Really delicious