Is it important that you're friends first before you get into a relationship?

Davao, Philippines
I think that this depends on the situation. Others would say that you should marry your bestfriend because eventually, love will fade but the friendship wont. Some would say that you should not get into a relationship with your friends because that is when you risk your friendship to "all or nothing". How about you? What do you think?
I think it's usually best, but it all depends.
• Davao, Philippines
It depends on what?
• Davao, Philippines
@TRBRocks420 the slightest decision could change everything. But i think you just gotta try. Haha
• Davao, Philippines
@JWMILLER i totally agree... there are a lot of factors... time, place, mood... haha.
• Agra, India
According to me, friendship is the basis of any relationship
• Davao, Philippines
My father tells me that very often... he said.. someday, romantic love fades but the friendship remains
• Agra, India
@playertwo you mean never rush in any relationship
@JWMILLER (767)
• Lafayette, Tennessee
I GUESS IT DEPENDS ON THE PEOPLE
• Davao, Philippines
That's right... each person's point of view differs...
Getting to know someone well enough before starting a romantic relatiomshop with him is quite important and the best way to that is to be friends with the person first.
@playertwo (2985)
I agree but for some reason most people ruch into marriage these days.
@ShyBear88 (20405)
I agree it depends on the two people. My husband and I where friend we had the same friends in the same circle for years. We never dated because we already enough each other because we had spend time with each other as just friends it was like skipping all of those awkward steps of dating and meeting someone. We just naturally felt nice to be around each other comfortable. Thinks just be going right for us because we have been married almost 10 years and have 3 children together.
• Davao, Philippines
Wow. Congratulations! Nobody could ever question the words that came from the mouth of those who experience such.
• Davao, Philippines
@ShyBear88 still you're blessed
@karibe (165)
• Venezuela
It is not easy to respond quickly to a question as delicate as that which you formulate in this discussion. To answer it requires reflection because it presents several edges. I will try to respond as if the answer is urgent: Yes it is important if what is wanted, what is sought, is a serious relationship, a relationship that lasts, formal, that leads to marriage, which would be ideal. On the other hand I think another issue is the courtship that occurs between people who are friends. I explained myself well?
• Davao, Philippines
Perfectly! I just think that it shouldnt be one-sided (friends case) cause it will really change the status quo.
@jobelbojel (10285)
Get to know each other. Be friends to him/her. And eventually, we can marry our bestfriends.
• Davao, Philippines
I believe in the process. You can become friends while in a relationship. By the way, i have an interesting question... why do most long term relationship fail?
Listen to vibrations that both of you produce. One is a subset of the other
• Davao, Philippines
In accounting, there's conservatism principle... we should never assume unless otherwise stated. Sometimes, just listening to vibrations gives the other false assumptions. Others doesnt give any malice because they think what they're showing is just normal. Example, my friend told me that his bestfriend confessed to him. When he asked him why, the bestfriend answered 'because you are very caring, esp when im sick'. My friend IS touchy but the bestfriend took it as 'caring'. Haha
@debjani1 (4413)
Yes according to me its depend on the situation only.
• Davao, Philippines
I agree... it really depends... if it's worth the try...
@Nana49 (1224)
I think it depends on if you are in love with that person and you would want to spend the rest of your life with them.. I would recommend that a person does get to be friends first as they date and get to know that person as in all there sides they have before they get married .. That way you dont get any surprises later when your married and they do show all there sides Everyone has different sides to them and when dating a short period we don't always see this .. Just make sure you know how they will react when your upset or when there upset .. And see all there habits good and bad and see if you can live. With that.. Its not just about friendship its being around this person every day and night. And them you ..being friends is the bonus.. But remenber if you date a. Close friend that afterwards everything does change .. It may later become awkward if you break up ..
• Davao, Philippines
Very well said. I think some people might be afraid to date there closest friends because they might be afraid to lose them when things get out of hand.
I think if you have feelings towards a friend u should just tell them if you are important to them that won't break your friendship.
• Davao, Philippines
That's one brave heart! :)
@playertwo (2985)
I do believe you should really get to know someone before you marry them yes.
Yes I think so it is important.