What kind of Crisis at the US Southern Mexican border is it really?

Dallas, Texas
"We need to support the efforts to secure our borders. Some think the wall idea is a bad idea. but the wall idea is not new. But, shutting down our government or announcing a national crisis at the border is a crisis in itself. We need to get real and get to the table about what actually can be done to protect America at it's southern border without shutting down the government or sending US military troops there. The idea behind sending troops is to show military force and will only make people get more anxious and paranoid than they already have become since the first mention of a Border Crisis was made by the president earlier on. And the cost to deploy the US Army for 100s of Millions is going to create a problem that is much worse than anything we might imagine.?" - from my comment on the YouTube in the link below: Border Talks Hit Snag Headed Into New Week | Morning Joe | MSNBC
On Sunday, Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney said he wouldn't rule out the possibility of another government shutdown as the border wall remains the larges...
@CarolDM (15475)
There is definitely a border security problem that needs to be addressed ASAP.
• Dallas, Texas
Yes, there has always been. And Trump is just making it more like a one sided argument. If you look at statistics, most Americans want a secure border of some kind. It is up to both parties to work together to achieve success but divided it will be a disaster.
@CarolDM (15475)
@lookatdesktop Yes they key is working together, blame whoever but both sides need to come together, no matter how anyone feels about the other. It is not grade school.
@UncleJoe (12162)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Folks who don't think there is a problem at the Southern border have never been there to see for themselves. It's the, "As long as I can't see it, it doesn't exist!" mentality.
• Dallas, Texas
President Trump went to El Paso. So he's seen exactly what it looks like.
@UncleJoe (12162)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@lookatdesktop I haven't been there in over 40 years, but I don't think anything has improved since then.
I see no real problem whenever that dang darn wall we do already have in place has absolutely NO PEOPLE near or far, hovering or even trying to get in or out. I think the whole issue is just a way to divert the attention OFF from something that is way more more threatening and real than just a few immigrants trying to come into this country, but heck what do I know, right ?
• Dallas, Texas
No, actually many other people I have talked to about it say they think it is a smoke screen or diversion from the other things going on. I mean, we only know what the media tells us right? That said, this is a YouTube from Ring of Fire I think might put things into perspective.
Donald Trump loves Twitter. It gives him unfettered, instant access to millions of people. But all too frequently, the President has said things on Twitter t...