I'm Getting Really Tired Of White

When we arrived home to Canada from Florida, we had our layers on and a good friend picked us up at the air port and took us home. It was cold. Our house had been taken care of by a good neighbor and it was waiting for us. We turned the heat up so we could get rid of the chills... It didn't take long. We have been home now a couple of weeks and every day it seems since we got home, mother nature is showing off with white and freeze.... I don't mind the white, as long its not heavy and a lot of it. The snow last night left more white on our driveway, than we had see so far. My husband shoveled and it looked good and it was about a foot of snow. The photos are two I took today of the back yard. We live on a beautiful ravine, I like it in winter because there are no leaves on the trees, and I can see all the trees. In the summer its all green and we don't see much unless we take the trail through the ravine. Hope everyone is enjoying your homes and neighborhoods, I hope spring is hear soon.
Our February is sunny and warm, very unusual. The crocus, primroses, violets and hyacinths are already in bloom.
Wow, that is early for flowers. It will be quite a while before we get rid of the snow and bring on the sun..
@PainsOnSlate You are right, it's too early even for the trees to show buds, it's nothing good.
@LadyDuck I had a couple of dozen Robins show up at my house and they ate all the bittersweet berries in the back yard. I couldn't get a photo because the sun was going down behind the bushes. I was so surprised to see that many and that early. Its still nasty here - today we are having freezing rain....I hope the robins are safe...
@fluffy69 (2938)
I envy you, you live in a place like this. I meant i love trees. Minus the snow of course.
it is a beautiful forest and when the snow leaves, the trees get ready for leaves..
@fluffy69 (2938)
@PainsOnSlate i wish you would post pictures when the snow is gone. I always want to see forests, it gives me peace and happiness. I was born in a rural area and grew up in there. But now i live in thecity,
greens
@fluffy69 I hope these photos show up...a park near my house and a tree in the back yard in the fog.
@iamdahmmy (1520)
• Lagos, Nigeria
I love snow
Have you ever seen it and felt it? its very cold...As kids we played in the snow, but now being older we stay inside....going out just to shovel the snow off the driveway.
@iamdahmmy (1520)
• Lagos, Nigeria
@PainsOnSlate I have never seen it or felt it before..I only see it in movies..I hope I get to experience feeling snow before I leave this world though
@iamdahmmy I hope you get to see it too, its fun when you are are a child. A lot of adults play in it too. I attached a photo from a few years ago when i took photos of snowflakes on my clothes. Just imagine how may flakes make a snow ball....
We've had very little snow here and it's been positively springlike for the last week.
You are lucky, every day the weather is bad to worst. I know spring is on its way but I wish it was here now. I did have a couple of dozen Robins eat the berries off of my Bittersweet Bushes. They must have been hungry...Robins is a sign that spring is close...
@PainsOnSlate We have a robin that visits our garden too - I've never seen two together so I think it's only one.
@jaboUK Mine was a group probably trying to stay warm, there were at least two dozen eating the berries on my bush...
You would have to get sick of the snow eventually. I hope spring hurries up for you.
Seeing robins is a sign that spring is around the corner, I am sick of snow and ice and there will be more of both today...darn!
@PainsOnSlate Oh dear. And here we are having a warm and sunny day forecast. About 24 C.
@JudyEv enjoy your warmth, I will soon as spring starts doing their thing...
I am weary of so much white myself. We got a lot of it yesterday.
I just woke up and looked out the window, there is fog and the snow is melting....That makes me happy...
@PainsOnSlate Some of our snow melted yesterday, a welcome sight. Today is windy as can be.
@Corbin5 we have had the wind all day and I just looked out and its snowing...
@Hate2Iron (11345)
I hear you. It seems that you no sooner get the driveway cleared, another snowfall arrives and you are right back where you started!!
its raining now so I hope most of the snow will disappear. I'm just hoping the weather is warm enough to stop the rain from freezing.
@Hate2Iron (11345)
@PainsOnSlate I just looked outside and it does look as if it might be a bit warmer. It looks like there is some melting going on!! I do see something that looks like ice on one side of the driveway... here's hoping that it will melt soon!
@Hate2Iron I looked on the weather and Wednesday we are getting something, probably snow instead of rain...I'm in Ontario near Niagara, where are you?
Welcome back to Canada! I think that everyone is getting to that point where we are tired of the season of winter. The white and the frost and the cold are getting so old now.
I agree. My husband just told me to look at the window, a bunch ( couple dozen) of Robins were eating all the berries on my Bittersweet Bushes. First birds I've seen so maybe spring is on its way... Couldn't get a photo because the sun was right behind the bushes...
@PainsOnSlate That's a hopeful sign for sure. I haven't seen any robins yet this year.
@kepweng (22521)
U should have vacation in asia and the weatlher is fair and its Cheap to travel in asia even poor canadians csn do it
I will keep that in my head for the next time!
@kepweng (22521)
@PainsOnSlate yes Tropical countries like philippibes cheap u can be a millionaire in philippines if your a middle class cansdian
• Rupert, Idaho
We have gotten quite a bit of snow lately too and enough is enough! Looking forward to spring so much!
Me too, I've seen enough snow now i want to see grass...
• Rupert, Idaho
@PainsOnSlate That would be a nice change!!
I do not blame you.Same here.I want to see green.lol
the sooner the better....
@PainsOnSlate very soon,very soon
That is a fun part in the winter when all the leaves have fallen off and we can see so much more driving by things then we could when everything is covered with foliage. I am sick of this snow and cold though too.
I am looking forward to seeing green on the tress.
@janethwayne (2550)
The snow is thick but the picture is nice.
Most of it has melted and I can see the grass under the snow. Sadly its not over but it will be soon... I love my trees behind my house, all seasons. They are pretty.
@debjani1 (4638)
Here the weather is quite happy with his people in the city. I like the Autumn season most. Here also hopefully spring will knock at our doorstep immediately.
It should show up pretty soon, the faster the better. Autumn is a beautiful season but here in Canada that means soon it will be winter....
I'm joining your "tired of the white stuff" club. Even though most of ours is gone I'm tired of winter and ready to see spring burst forth.
That's how I feel too. I enjoy the melting but the weather says its not over...Damn! I just added photos of snowflakes to someone here who has never seen snow. The flakes are beautiful but snow is not fun especially towards the end of winter!
I've had enough of winter too. For some reason winter seems to last so much longer then the other seasons. Can't wait for Spring to arrive...Looking forward to another camping season.
Me too, about the camping and the arrival of spring.
Well, you do live in the Great White North.
Yes I do and I won't leave and move south. I love the 4 seasons but as I get older the winter is bothersome so I hide in my basement studio and paint...
@dya80dya (12082)
Spring will come soon. We have a sunny day. We don't have snow now. You have lots of snow there.
I am looking forward to warmth...