Thought My Facebook Acct. was Hacked

@acelawrites (15005)
This early morning, I could not log in to my Facebook account. It is my daily routine before going to myLot, to check if I have important messages from my relatives. I repeated the process of logging in to no avail. I successfully made it after some attempts, but I was not able to open the messenger. Thinking that my account was hacked, I immediately changed the password as a precautionary measure. I was not able to check the progress because there was a power outage the whole day in our area. Then this evening after the electricity supply was restored, I heard on TV that facebook and other social media sites had a glitch. Am so glad it was restored. Do you still use Facebook or other social media sites to communicate with your relatives or friends?
@janethwayne (2439)
It is back now so I hope that it is totally fixed.
@acelawrites (15005)
Yes, I was so happy this evening I was able to read my messages from there.
• Agra, India
Is that so? I opened it today and faced no issues
@acelawrites (15005)
It happened just during yesterday early morning; there was a note that it is undergoing some maintenance.
• Agra, India
@acelawrites I hope it is resumed now.
@acelawrites (15005)
@amitkokiladitya It was fixed later in the day. Thanks.
I heard of the glitch and do use Facebook for those reasons. I was happy to see it on this morning.
@acelawrites (15005)
Many people are using it. I use it for more info. on national issues and for messages from my relatives.
@erictsuma (187)
• Mombasa, Kenya
Yes I use Facebook on daily basis.
@acelawrites (15005)
It is my way of easing boredom; just read news and some messages from relatives from it.
• Mombasa, Kenya
@acelawrites ok its good
@KlyliePot (4965)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Its OK now
@acelawrites (15005)
Yes, it was fixed. Thanks, I thought I was hacked when I could not easily log into it.
@KlyliePot (4965)
• Cavite City, Philippines
@acelawrites maybe there's a technical problems only
I have read the news this morning that Facebook, Instagram have been down for some times. I do not go often to FB.
@acelawrites (15005)
I am not on Instagram; it's only FB for its free messaging; also for some updates on important national issues.
@acelawrites I do not like a lot FB, too many fake news.
I have not used FB in 7 years. Far too time-consuming for me.
@acelawrites (15005)
It is one that alleviates my boredom and when I want to get fresh current national issues from my friends; also messages from my relatives. But I don't spend so much time in it unless I m reading an interesting topic.
not me stay away from them.Do not need them.
@acelawrites (15005)
I guess I can also do without it.
@jobelbojel (11061)
I think there was an issue with Facebook in the morning. I still use messenger to communicate with family.
@acelawrites (15005)
Same here, I use it mostly for its free messaging service.
@jiwonnie (102)
Yes, facebook and messenger are the ones I constantly use to contact my friends.
@acelawrites (15005)
It is messenger which saves us the money instead of using texting on cellphones.
@Kasjnak (3401)
Saw that, my friends complained about not being able to login or use Facebook, Instagram or WhatsApp. It seems everything is back to normal now .
@acelawrites (15005)
Everything was fixed later in the day.
@florelway (3508)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yes, I still have facebook and messenger and actually still being used by most of us here. The only problem I had with FB the last few days is they keep showing the same notifications but messenger was just fine.
@acelawrites (15005)
I am not using Instagram. They say FB has so many users that make it go slow. I don't know if it is true or just a hoax.
@florelway (3508)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@acelawrites (15005)
Maybe it's FB's problem; so many users that it could not easily fix such glitches.
@kepweng (22396)
my social media is Only mylot
@acelawrites (15005)
It's good, you earn for your time here.
@sugartoes (46062)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I hate when that happens, nothing like getting us on the wrong side in the morn yeah I use face book for the few friends I have on there & what family hubby has but I mainly on there for the fish groups I 'm in as well too to learn about things.
@acelawrites (15005)
It is also my source of important news., and other worthy information.