Mr. Magnificent

I must admit that my Doodles is a magnificent beast. Just look at how handsome he is, stretched out enjoying his time in the sun! My husband is magnificent, too, and all the women at my favorite department store said so - to me, as well as to him! He sat quietly and talked to the saleswomen and let me do my thing. He offered his opinion and advice when asked. He paid for my purchases without blinking an eye or complaining. What a guy! One of the women, Beth, the head of my favorite perfume brand, lives in the same gated community as friends of ours from up north. She advised me to prebuy my products, since the store is having an event next week. I did that for my cosmetics, perfumes, and hand soaps. I will get gift cards based on the amount spent on my purchases. She is throwing in an extra full size bottle of my favorite perfume valued at a mere $425. She also loaded my bags with samples. The cosmetic salesgirl did that as well. It’s good to have friends wherever one goes. The only problem is that we can’t pick the bags up until next Thursday during the champagne event. My magnificent husband agreed to return with me next week and perhaps do a bit more shopping. Afterall, we will be plied with champagne and more gift cards. We had a very nice afternoon after a light lunch on a terrace surrounded by flowers and palm trees. By the way, my husband bought a new shirt and bathing trunks. lol
@garymarsh6 (15716)
Your husband is a Saint. Dianne you would hate shopping with me. 10 minutes and I am done! It is non negotiable!
Most men I know are like that. You are not alone. It isn't my husband's most favorite thing to do, but he does it for me.
@garymarsh6 (15716)
@DianneN He adores you bless him! Give that man a jolly good medal for the call over and above the line duty on behalf of the retail traders of the USA!
You have the correct shopping plan!
That free thing that you got costs a whopping 425 dollars that is Rs. 30,000 Oooooofffffffff!!! Doodles looks quite comfy in that pose
I couldn't convert it, but yes, that perfume is ridiculous, but so delicious. They have some that cost $565 dollars a bottle, but my husband smelled them all and didn't like any. I was so-so on one, but at that price, I'd have to really love it. I saved him some money. I bought two new scents and the third one is her gift. She told me not to tell anyone, and here I am announcing it on myLot! I can't wait to hold and kiss Doodles. Just looking at him is killing me.
@DianneN Our tastes are miles away from each other and still we are friends here This is a fine example of opposites attract.
@allknowing Definitely!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
Now there's a shopping trip I'm familiar with!! Vast sums spent on my wife and daughter while I might treat myself to a book!!
So glad you can commiserate with my husband. He just got off the phone with his friend and basically said the same thing. I love your wife's and daughter's shopping philosophy!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
@DianneN I try to avoid shopping trips. I'm basically only there to pay and carry the bags! Although to be fair my wife has calmed down a lot since I first met her. I'm hoping my aversion to shopping is finally rubbing off on her!!
@WorDazza I'm sorry to hear that. I was planning on calling her to go shopping at Harrod's with me next time we're in London.
@wolfgirl569 (21513)
• Marion, Ohio
Doodles is looking great. Sounds like a very good shopping trip.
Thank you! He is my handsome little boy. I'm dying to pick him up and smother him with kisses. I almost wrote lipstick! . It was a great day. I was able to bring home a fabulous blouse to wear with jeans, my navy pants, or white pants and a new pair of fantastic sunglasses. I can't wait to wear everything.
@wolfgirl569 (21513)
• Marion, Ohio
@DianneN Poor Doodles. He will be covered in lipstick when you go back I am waiting to do very much shopping until I lose more weight.
@wolfgirl569 Yes, he is used to taking baths after my lipstick kisses. I usually get his hair all over my lips! I Don't blame you for waiting. It will be a treat to clothe the new you!
@valmnz (14791)
• New Zealand
you have more shopping stamina than I do.
I'm done until next week.
@valmnz (14791)
• New Zealand
@DianneN I always smile at how you and I lead such totally different lives. It's great that individuals are all so different. No chance of boredom for either of us
@valmnz It would be a boring world if all people were alike.
Such a sweet and wonderful guy! Such a deal you made. Doodles looks stunning in black and so relaxed.
Sometimes we get lucky at that store. This was one of them, since we were there shopping anyway. Thank you. My beautiful baby boy is waiting for Grammy and Grammy to come home, even though he loves his daddy the most!
@DianneN When will that be? I know you're six months and a day in Florida now for your new residency. I forget when you went to Florida. I'm thinking it was October.
@just4him We return June 6th! We came down December 6th, but January began the new fiscal year. We will have to make up one month and a day in December.
My ex was great about that when shopping. he would walk store to store with no problem. So sad he failed me.
9h
So sorry, too. You deserve better.
8h
@DianneN Thank you I know that is why I left.
7h
@Janet357 (10131)
When i first saw the face of your husband, i told to myself, what a nice and generous guy he is to his wife. If all husbands were like him, all wives would be just as happy as you are always ms. D.
Thank you! He's just a nice man to everyone in so many ways. He does what he can to bring me joy and happiness in many more ways than shopping. I'm wild about him!
@Janet357 (10131)
@DianneN I know Ms. D. Because if im not mistaken you have been married for so many years, that alone says alot about both of you.
@Janet357 Thanks so much!
lol Well I'm glad that he got a little something lol I am looking forward to getting an occasional glimpse of your new purchases.
He rarely buys himself anything, but did yesterday and the day before when he went out with his friend. To be honest, I only bought workout clothes for myself in CT all last year except for a few needed items here and there. I did explode in Florida. I haven't been on FB much at all, and we forget to take photos.
@DianneN lol I really hate it when I am at a restaurant having a wonderful meal and realize I either forgot my phone or forgot to take a picture!! I am pretty much of a troll on FB but I lurk a lot lol
7h
@LowRiderX (3777)
• Serbia
Your family is magnificent...and this black lion too
Thank you for that. He does look like a little black lion, but we call him our fat little monkey, too.
@LowRiderX (3777)
• Serbia
@DianneN I like cats, how interesting they are to me
@UncleJoe (12882)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Did his shirt have a big red "S" on the front, Lois?
Don't tell me you're jealous! I'll have him get one for you, too. It will be fitting and will fit.
@UncleJoe (12882)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@DianneN That's OK, I have the pajamas.Jealous? Not at all. I'm happy that ya'll are happy.
• Agra, India
That was a really expensive free gift that anyone could imagine.
That store is so generous to its customers. This happened once before. It pays to shop there! lol
• Agra, India
@DianneN wow....I would love to be there
Glad you guys had a nice time and, Doodles looks glorious as always lol.
Thank you! It was so much fun. If I could, I'd write a poem about Doodles, but I can't write the way you do.
@DianneN You're welcome and, thanks :)
@Nevena83 (17653)
• Serbia
And I want such a husband.
He's mine. All mine! . But he would buy you a trinket or two. He's very generous.
@Nevena83 (17653)
• Serbia
@DianneN Oh, that's so nice of him.
@CarolDM (18678)
I thought he stayed in CT at your other home. He is beautiful!
He's at his daddy's house in CT. We will get him back when we return. Thank you!
@CarolDM (18678)
@DianneN That is what I thought.
@PatZAnthony (13483)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Doodles does look like a magnificent beast in the photo! Hate shopping. Glad you found something to buy.
Thank you! I can always find something to buy.
@HazySue (27344)
Doodles is truly magnificent and he knows it. Look at that devil may care expression. He really is a beautiful cat. As for the hubby, it sounds like you trained him right. I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Better yet, you get to do it all over again next week.
Thanks for saying that about our Doodles. We are crazy about him and can't wait to pick him up and hug, squeeze, and kiss him when we return north. Hubs is a good guy, but I don't plan on going berserk again for a long time. I do need an eyeliner, but that's about it next week.
Wow, that's alot for a perfume. I'm glad he got some new things while you were out, too.
It is, but it lasts forever and doesn't go bad. Every time I wear one or more of the scents, which is what can be done with these, I get complete strangers complimenting me and asking what scent I'm wearing. My husband has been having little sprees himself this week, which is nice. He rarely treats himself to anything.
What an incredible feeling it must have been to get all those extra goodies! It will be so fun using those gift cards as well. Your husband is the best!
Now that was a fun day for me. Thank you!
Doodles is a big beautiful cat. He is laying stretched out enjoying his life. You have a nice husband he is a keeper.
I love that photo of Doodles. Thank you! It was a my kind of fun day.