Why are females so competitive?

If I mention something I have done to one of the other females I know, they try to go one better or to show me up or ask questions, and then go one better to beat me. It's starting to get to the point that I mention one thing I have done, or one thing I am going to do, because they all copy and do the same and say that it is their idea. For instance, I was telling my friend from uni what I was going to do to make my project brilliant, she took all my ideas and got help from everybody else's ideas, and made her project better than mine. This happens all the time with the females I mix with, they always try to get information out of me, and then go one better. It's gotten to the point that I don't say anything, needless to say, it's affecting our friendship. This happens in females which are younger, older and my age.However, I am in my late 20's and I find the females in that age group to be most competitive, especially around men, it's like they all try and impress them the most. Why?
@jaginfo2006 (1757)
they are born to be that way
Thanks
@girsang (354)
well myfriend, i think that`s normal because females`s population morethan male`s population
The world is changing and females are coming forward for everything... You had started a nice discussion. Wishes to get more payout soon. ***************************************** Interested to make money online using your computer? If you are looking for a money making program, work at home opportunity or way to earn extra income online, Visit http://virtualjobs.awardspace.com *****************************************