What to do with a swollen ankle?

December 3, 2006 3:52am CST
i slipped on a pavement the other day... and i thought it was just ok... and now its hurting me...i dont want to see a doc...need ur advise.
2 responses
• Australia
3 Dec 06
just apply ice to the affected area and always keep it elevated and rest
• Philippines
3 Dec 06
mmm muchas gracias!!!
@brendalee (6083)
• United States
3 Dec 06
You should see a doctor. Is it swollen? You need to try and rest it, maybe put some ice packs on it but place a towel or something between the pack and your skin. Try to keep it elevated. Wrap it with an ace bandage if you have one but not too tight. And if it doesn't get better soon, please see a doctor.